Premed101.com/forums

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mathakany

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I've been trying to get onto premed101.com/forums, but it hasn't been working for me. I'm anxious to find out if others have heard back from UWO or U Manitoba (OOP) as today is the day.

Anyone have any luck accessing the site?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

p101 crashed just a little while ago, it has close to 500 ppl on it, which it is definitely not used to. I'm not sure about UWO, at the last moment before it crashed i didn't see any 'invites out' type thread. Most of the other ontario schools seemed to have invites out. I know mcmaster, UT, ottawa, and queens did. For UofM, you'll probably have to wait a day or more. From what i've heard, they want to send out OOP emails at the same time as when IP 1st acceptances would get theirs by post. I think you will be expecting to hear something tomorrow, if not, you might have to wait till tuesday.

hey, yeah, I'm feeling your pain too. I guess that's what happens when almost every single pre-med in Canada tries to access the page :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
The site is still down. Has anyone heard from U Alberta?

just heard good news from ualberta about an hour ago!

congrats on uab rakeon! Guys, post in the "official may 15th" thread on the Canada forum on this website in the international medical forums. That way we can compile the canadian results.:)

Has anyone heard whether UBC has sent anything out yet?:confused:

No news is bad news I assume :(

Does U of A send an email if you're on the waiting list or is that snail mail?

For those of us on the waitlist at various schools, do you guys know when people have to accept or decline their offers by? And will they send wait-list spots one at a time as they come in, or in clumps?

Blah. What a ****ty day.

I got a UofA waitlist email in my UofA email account they gave me. I'm OOP tho, so it was expected, and i'm not sure if OOP makes a difference for batches or not...

begaster: i think they wait the 2 weeks or so that is the deadline for acceptances to be returned, and start moving wailists then. I think in 2 weeks, there might be a surge of a fair # of ppl taken off waitlist. after that it trickles out as individuals continue to decline offers. I'm not having the best day either, waitlisted at UT and UofA OOP and I feel a UofS OOP waitlist coming up ... did you get waitlisted at queens and toronto?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, premed101 hasnt been working for me either. I am still waiting to hear from UWO and UBC so hopefully something good will be one its ways soon!

Regarding western, i called the admissions office to check what the problem is. The lady told me that they emailed all of the acceptances, rejections, waitlist letters out together in the morning. However, due to the very large number of emails, its taking really long. She said to keep checking your email (as well as junk box) as it could show up at any time today.

However, if you do not hear back by tomorrow, she said to send the admissions department an email with your info and student number and they will get back to you. But, since they have convocation, they will not be checkin the emails tomorrow so the earliest you can hear back from them would be after the long weekend on Tuesday.

Lets hope the emails make their way to our mailbox so none of us have to go through such torture!

I wish U of A sent rejection emails. I'd like to get it over with so I can go apply at Tim Hortons.

Regarding western, i called the admissions office to check what the problem is. The lady told me that they emailed all of the acceptances, rejections, waitlist letters out together in the morning. However, due to the very large number of emails, its taking really long. She said to keep checking your email (as well as junk box) as it could show up at any time today.

However, if you do not hear back by tomorrow, she said to send the admissions department an email with your info and student number and they will get back to you. But, since they have convocation, they will not be checkin the emails tomorrow so the earliest you can hear back from them would be after the long weekend on Tuesday.

Lets hope the emails make their way to our mailbox so none of us have to go through such torture!

Thank you so much for calling! Although now I have to sit by my computer till the e-mail comes! I wonder why the e-mails are taking so loong if they're already sent?

I got a UofA waitlist email in my UofA email account they gave me. I'm OOP tho, so it was expected, and i'm not sure if OOP makes a difference for batches or not...

begaster: i think they wait the 2 weeks or so that is the deadline for acceptances to be returned, and start moving wailists then. I think in 2 weeks, there might be a surge of a fair # of ppl taken off waitlist. after that it trickles out as individuals continue to decline offers. I'm not having the best day either, waitlisted at UT and UofA OOP and I feel a UofS OOP waitlist coming up ... did you get waitlisted at queens and toronto?

Yup, Queen's and Toronto. Really shocked about Toronto - I absolutely rocked my interview.

What really boils my *** is the lack of any solid answers. If I don't get off the waitlist, I'm going to go move to downtown TO with a friend of mine. But she'll need an answer soon, and with this WL, I won't have one for her. Sorry to hear about U of A and T, raven. And Queen's for you, Jochi.

yeah, i was really depressed about toronto, especially with 60% gpa, and what i thought was an above average interview, i was getting accepted. It seemed like there was an abnormal amount of WL's in the toronto forum before it crashed. it was kind of odd.

I'm vip_138 on p101 btw

gosh! thanks guys for posting. i was going though a panic-induced-premed101 withdrawal-induced depression which has just been releived :).

I just remembered something.... While i was checking premed101.com earlier today (like about 8 am- ish) i noticed that the last most reported viewrs online was like 350 something. at that time i was like pfft we can soo beat that. why did i have to go and do that!!!!! come back my fav forum!!!

I just got an acceptance package from UBC! 1st time applying. Vancouver was my 1st choice and I got it.

Blah, I'm having a mega-crappy day for a variety of reasons (mostly NOT med-related, actually), it'd be nice if U of A finally came through with some sort of notification.

yeah, i was really depressed about toronto, especially with 60% gpa, and what i thought was an above average interview, i was getting accepted. It seemed like there was an abnormal amount of WL's in the toronto forum before it crashed. it was kind of odd.

I'm vip_138 on p101 btw

You and me both, man. You and me both. Though my GPA was nothing spectacular (probably a 3.85-3.87 after the formula). If I don't get in this year, I think I'll write my LSAT and apply to both med and law for next year. Not willing to waste more than one year of my life sitting around, and I'm pretty good at standardized tests.

Jochi, that's sucky. Good luck with U of A.

I sent an email to U Manitoba, and here's what i got:

The University of Manitoba, Faculty of Medicine sends actual Decision letters to all candidates who received and interview in the current applicant cycle. We do not use e-mail for our Decision letter notification to candidates. The early Decision letters are mailed May 15th and include most Out-of-Province applicants. The majority of candidates will be sent Decision letters June 4th.

So you best bet is to wait by the mail box. Good luck!

ITS WORKING!!! premed101.com/forum is up! yay!

Ya site was up for a bit but is now down again :( Seems like there's a lot of confusion with UWO ...

Premed isnt working for me either :S

I got a UBC waitlist notification at 1:25 pm. Not unexpected since I am OOP. But I hear their OOP waitlist moves a lot so heres hoping!

I really wish i hear some good news from Western soon.

:luck: