Premier review course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

malinka

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard good opinion about premier review course .Did anybody happen to know what it is like , do they have MCQ and notes and is it possible to get just those without actually going in NY physically

Members don't see this ad.

I heard good opinion about premier review course .Did anybody happen to know what it is like , do they have MCQ and notes and is it possible to get just those without actually going in NY physically

yeah you can order the online course, with dvds... I have no idea about the quality of them, but the course is amazing, puts Kaplan to shame and truly.. And thats what kaplan gets for being to lazy to keep up with the usmle game. Premier Review is excellent.

yeah you can order the online course, with dvds... I have no idea about the quality of them, but the course is amazing, puts Kaplan to shame and truly.. And thats what kaplan gets for being to lazy to keep up with the usmle game. Premier Review is excellent.

And your commission is....? :)

I heard that it is excellent for Medicine, but weaker in the other areas.

Members don't see this ad :)
I figured some loser hater would attack me at some point, its all good you know. I do not need to defend myself or anything, because I am just saying what is an actual fact, that Kaplan sucks, and Premier is great for step 3. Either take my advice, or mind your own business :laugh: will never stop amusing me.

I figured some loser hater would attack me at some point, its all good you know. I do not need to defend myself or anything, because I am just saying what is an actual fact, that Kaplan sucks, and Premier is great for step 3. Either take my advice, or mind your own business :laugh: will never stop amusing me.

Now now, there there. One doesn't have to get hotheaded about it. I'm glad you had such a great success with the course. I just find when one espouses a course to such a degree in several different posts, one has to question it, that's all. Nothing personal.

Now now, there there. One doesn't have to get hotheaded about it. I'm glad you had such a great success with the course. I just find when one espouses a course to such a degree in several different posts, one has to question it, that's all. Nothing personal.

yes I agree, my bad for such haste..... no I am pissed that I wasted money on Kaplan, and luckily found Premier Review. It isnt necessarily weak on everything except medicine, but yeah its better if you supplement it. Otherwise the information is more or less there, you just have to apply it to conceptual thinking, which Premier doesnt do for us. Kaplan is just way off, they are so way off knowledge base wise that it is ridiculous -- and they are so far from up to date that it is sick. A course is good from Premier Review, but alot of people can just multitask and do well on their own . As a resident though its nice to have everything there, and dont have to look too hard for it. For my part it was alot of hard work and luck of course :luck:
Premier is not good for the ccs portion, and thats 25% of the test, better to practice the ccs cases from www.usmlesteps123.com that site is really good for the ccs section, also first aid is good too, almost all of the cases are covered in the back of that book.

yes I agree, my bad for such haste..... no I am pissed that I wasted money on Kaplan, and luckily found Premier Review. It isnt necessarily weak on everything except medicine, but yeah its better if you supplement it. Otherwise the information is more or less there, you just have to apply it to conceptual thinking, which Premier doesnt do for us. Kaplan is just way off, they are so way off knowledge base wise that it is ridiculous -- and they are so far from up to date that it is sick. A course is good from Premier Review, but alot of people can just multitask and do well on their own . As a resident though its nice to have everything there, and dont have to look too hard for it. For my part it was alot of hard work and luck of course :luck:
Premier is not good for the ccs portion, and thats 25% of the test, better to practice the ccs cases from www.usmlesteps123.com that site is really good for the ccs section, also first aid is good too, almost all of the cases are covered in the back of that book.

Then be happy you passed, whatever the cost. CCS is 25% timewise, but 20% content-wise, though I understand it seems a lot longer. New up and coming site (no, I get nothing for it...just was told about it....) is USMLESculptor.com....gives you the pathophysiology and a better understanding of the wrong answers. Who knows? What works for one doesn't necessarily work for someone else.

It's a small price to pay, if it finally bites the dust, whatever you use, that is successful for you.

My two bits for a dreary Monday,

Nu

Then be happy you passed, whatever the cost. CCS is 25% timewise, but 20% content-wise, though I understand it seems a lot longer. New up and coming site (no, I get nothing for it...just was told about it....) is USMLESculptor.com....gives you the pathophysiology and a better understanding of the wrong answers. Who knows? What works for one doesn't necessarily work for someone else.

It's a small price to pay, if it finally bites the dust, whatever you use, that is successful for you.

My two bits for a dreary Monday,

Nu

pathophysio is very very important. But management of complicated patients is key. Step 3 is truly a whirlwind. CCS will increase its weight to 50 or even more percentile soon -- regarding weightage on USMLE Step 3.