Prep courses: Falcon vs. Kaplan vs. selfprep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuber101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Which online prep course is better Falcon or Kaplan? and also whether or not live prep is worth it? or are prep courses just a waste of money?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

Which online prep course is better Falcon or Kaplan? and also whether or not live prep is worth it? or are prep courses just a waste of money?

Thanks in advance.

If you are US med student then, Self ( FA+RR+BRS OF YOUR CHOICE+PATHOMA+UWORLDQBANK) > Kaplan>Falcon

Thanks Jatt. I am a foreign student though so just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for foreign students?

Thanks Jatt. I am a foreign student though so just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for foreign students?

OP, Since most of the foreign medical school curriculum is RUSHED and most of the students are not able to UNDERSTAND the material, it hinders their ability to integrate material. It does not apply to all the foreign (caribbean) students but to the vast majority. That being said, i would do the following (thats what i am doing):

1) FA
2) Uworld
3) Pathoma
4) Goljan audio/transcript

Goal is to learn these sources cold.

5) Usmlerx qbank.. I am finding this to be helpful because it is helping me drilling FA in my mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
OP, Since most of the foreign medical school curriculum is RUSHED and most of the students are not able to UNDERSTAND the material, it hinders their ability to integrate material. It does not apply to all the foreign (caribbean) students but to the vast majority. That being said, i would do the following (thats what i am doing):

1) FA
2) Uworld
3) Pathoma
4) Goljan audio/transcript

Goal is to learn these sources cold.

5) Usmlerx qbank.. I am finding this to be helpful because it is helping me drilling FA in my mind.

100% correct on the IMG curriculum being supper rushed! Are you an IMG?

How is finishing basic sciences in 2 years "rushed"? Do we get more vacation time or something? Lol.

I' m studying for Step1 now. Finished the first 2 years of basic sciences in 16 months at a Caribbean school. It was just a game of survival, trying to get off the rock. It was cram and jam with very little understanding. It didn't help at all that we had a stubborn jackass from India as our path prof who made us read all of Big Robbins. A chapter a day just didn't fly, consequently nothing stuck. The school would have served us better buying us Pathoma and make us self study, which all of us are doing now since reading Big Robbins under pressure made the info go in one ear and out the other.