Prep courses for NPTE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RCA20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone recommend NPTE final frontier or Kyle rice? Trying to figure out which one is better and will help pass exam.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

TherapyEd (either new or older edition) is in exact same format and type of questions as real NPTE. If you are willing to spend money on prep material, I would suggest to get 1-2 editions (just to get more variety of test questions) of TherapyEd and study off it.

Members don't see this ad :)
TherapyEd, scorebuilders. Good luck.
Let me be a resource to you in your future job searches- acute, HH, outpatient et al.

Final Frontier hands down. Guided time table. Live lectures. I wouldn't do it any other way.

Scorebuilders worked for me. The PEAT exams were helpful. See if your program is pooling money for a scorebuilders weekend course. The Kyle Rice podcasts are great, and I still listen to them to refresh myself on clinical knowledge I may not be having a lot of contact with while working.

Last edited by a moderator:
TherapyEd (either new or older edition) is in exact same format and type of questions as real NPTE. If you are willing to spend money on prep material, I would suggest to get 1-2 editions (just to get more variety of test questions) of TherapyEd and study off it.
Your post was extremely helpful I wanted to ask you about Therapy ed book. I have wrote a books name and author down here. Is this book named as Therapy Ed? I know this is the older version but is it so that this book's newer version is called Therapy Ed?

National Physical Therapy Examination Review & Study Guide (Red book)Susan B. O'Sullivan,Raymond P. Siegelman- 2008