Prep for Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zayna06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how some of you prepared for your Michigan interview. Mine isn't until Dec., but one of someone I know had hers in October and said it was brutal. I'm not sure if she was exaggerating though, because the feedback on this website is that the interview at Michigan wasn't that bad.

Members don't see this ad.

Zayna06 said:
I was just wondering how some of you prepared for your Michigan interview. Mine isn't until Dec., but one of someone I know had hers in October and said it was brutal. I'm not sure if she was exaggerating though, because the feedback on this website is that the interview at Michigan wasn't that bad.

Why would you want to go to Michigan? Don't you know why Ohio is so windy? Because Michigan BLOWS! Na just playin. good luck with the interview, I know a girl who graduated for that dental school, great dentist!

joebucks said:
Why would you want to go to Michigan? Don't you know why Ohio is so windy? Because Michigan BLOWS! Na just playin. good luck with the interview, I know a girl who graduated for that dental school, great dentist!

Johnny was in his 4th grade class and the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living. The typical answers came up: fireman, policeman, salesman....Johnny was being quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father. "My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offers really good, he'll go out to the alley with some guy and make love with him for money." The teacher hurriedly set the other children to work on coloring, and took little Johnny aside to ask him if that was true about his father. "No," said Johnny, "He's an assistant coach for Ohio State, but I was too embarassed to say so."

Members don't see this ad :)
nrlee said:
Johnny was in his 4th grade class and the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living. The typical answers came up: fireman, policeman, salesman....Johnny was being quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father. "My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offers really good, he'll go out to the alley with some guy and make love with him for money." The teacher hurriedly set the other children to work on coloring, and took little Johnny aside to ask him if that was true about his father. "No," said Johnny, "He's an assistant coach for Ohio State, but I was too embarassed to say so."

That's cute :)

wow, so no real feedback...........?

joebucks said:
OSU: 25
Michigan: 21

Great game!
****...I was there at the game. It was a sorry sight. However, the Michigan fans yelling "Can't read? Can't write? Go to OSU" chants kept me goin' lol. No hard feelings, truly a good game!

By the way, in an effort not to get off topic:

Do not stress about your Michigan interview. It is a very intersting experience, and the faculty, for the most part, do their best to put you at ease. Yes, there is an essay involved, so be prepared with all your literary weapons before the interview. MMIs = Totally chilled out (there is role playing involved haha). Good luck with it all!

I agree, there is no need to stress or even prepare, i had my interview Nov 18, and it was a lot more relaxed than i was expecting. My biggest piece of advice...dont drink 2 cups of coffee right before you sit down for the presentations, because you dont get a break for 3 and a half hours...lets just say it was painful. Anyway, the 1 on 1 interview was very relaxed, just a conversation, and the MMI was really interesting, it was a very positive experience, but dont worry about it too much.

Dr. Parm said:
By the way, in an effort not to get off topic:

Do not stress about your Michigan interview. It is a very intersting experience, and the faculty, for the most part, do their best to put you at ease. Yes, there is an essay involved, so be prepared with all your literary weapons before the interview. MMIs = Totally chilled out (there is role playing involved haha). Good luck with it all!
How bad was the essay?

Bonkers29 said:
How bad was the essay?

not too bad. just the usual sort of writing prompt to test whether or not you are socially/professionally aware and literate.