1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Prep for Michigan

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Zayna06, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Zayna06

Zayna06 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I was just wondering how some of you prepared for your Michigan interview. Mine isn't until Dec., but one of someone I know had hers in October and said it was brutal. I'm not sure if she was exaggerating though, because the feedback on this website is that the interview at Michigan wasn't that bad.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. joebucks

joebucks Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Why would you want to go to Michigan? Don't you know why Ohio is so windy? Because Michigan BLOWS! Na just playin. good luck with the interview, I know a girl who graduated for that dental school, great dentist!

4. BallDontLie

BallDontLie Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Johnny was in his 4th grade class and the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living. The typical answers came up: fireman, policeman, salesman....Johnny was being quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father. "My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offers really good, he'll go out to the alley with some guy and make love with him for money." The teacher hurriedly set the other children to work on coloring, and took little Johnny aside to ask him if that was true about his father. "No," said Johnny, "He's an assistant coach for Ohio State, but I was too embarassed to say so."

5. Mayo123

Mayo123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

That's cute :)

6. joebucks

joebucks Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

OSU: 25
    Michigan: 21

Great game!

7. Bonkers29

5+ Year Member

wow, so no real feedback...........?

8. Dr. Parm

Dr. Parm Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    ****...I was there at the game. It was a sorry sight. However, the Michigan fans yelling "Can't read? Can't write? Go to OSU" chants kept me goin' lol. No hard feelings, truly a good game!

9. Dr. Parm

Dr. Parm Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    By the way, in an effort not to get off topic:

Do not stress about your Michigan interview. It is a very intersting experience, and the faculty, for the most part, do their best to put you at ease. Yes, there is an essay involved, so be prepared with all your literary weapons before the interview. MMIs = Totally chilled out (there is role playing involved haha). Good luck with it all!

10. ND-DG

ND-DG Good to be Irish
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I agree, there is no need to stress or even prepare, i had my interview Nov 18, and it was a lot more relaxed than i was expecting. My biggest piece of advice...dont drink 2 cups of coffee right before you sit down for the presentations, because you dont get a break for 3 and a half hours...lets just say it was painful. Anyway, the 1 on 1 interview was very relaxed, just a conversation, and the MMI was really interesting, it was a very positive experience, but dont worry about it too much.

11. Bonkers29

5+ Year Member

How bad was the essay?

12. Gulch

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    not too bad. just the usual sort of writing prompt to test whether or not you are socially/professionally aware and literate.