Prep Materials for DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predental07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what is recommended for very effective DAT prep materials. I took the Kaplan course for my MCAT prep and their materials were quite comprehensive. This is my first time doing the DAT, and was wondering on your thoughts about how comprehensive and effective the Kaplan prep course is for the DAT?

I understand that I would also have to supplement my studying with other resources. Any suggestions for these other resources?

Thanks.
-Predental07

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering what is recommended for very effective DAT prep materials. I took the Kaplan course for my MCAT prep and their materials were quite comprehensive. This is my first time doing the DAT, and was wondering on your thoughts about how comprehensive and effective the Kaplan prep course is for the DAT?

I took the Kaplan course last summer and actually thought it was very effective because of the sheer number of practice questions and tests. But, it should be noted that you will definitely only get what you put into it. If you don't read the review notes (I supplemented them with old text books for better diagrams), don't come to class, don't do your homework, or don't take the practice tests, then you've just wasted a good $1500. However, if you do put forth the time and effort, you'll most likely boost you score at least a few points from your diag.