China and Eastern Asia Preparation and Application for USMLE

Started by PhoebusX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhoebusX

DonJuan
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi

I am a Medicine freshman of Dr. Jose P. Rizal College of Medicine - Xavier University Ateneo de Cagayan and I intend to take the USMLE exams. I know that after my second year studies, I may take the USMLE step 1 exam. (does it depend in the Medical school I am in?) I would like to know the step by step procedures, the application and the preparation... what I need to do, where I need to go and stuff like that.

Are there medical schools those are accredited and not accredited to take USMLE step 1 after the second year?

What specific websites do I need to go? Do I need to apply as early as first year?

This thing may sound so early for me coz I am still in my first year, but I want to plan this ahead so that I could prepare all the stuff required.. the study guide, the application process, finances...etc.

I hope you guys could assist me on this matter.

Thank you and more power.



AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM


​
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tnx for the link. Would it be ok to get a USMLE/ECFMG Identification Number even if I am still in my first year? Would this be some sort of advance application?
 
You could try. I'm not sure though if the USMLE/ECFMG number has an expiration date.