preparation for interview and bench test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazydentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how can one start preparing for the interviews for international dentist program......what type of questions are asked..and wat is expected from the candidates.......and hoe to prepare for the practical exams..kindly help..anyone?...........

Members don't see this ad.

hi
count me in.....i also want to know what all is asked in the interviews and where to prepare from?:confused:

usually the tooth preparation is the most important deciding factor. For that reason, I attended the bench course at UCLA and believe me, it is the best course I ever took. It helped me get in! Goodluck!

Members don't see this ad :)
how can one start preparing for the interviews for international dentist program......what type of questions are asked..and wat is expected from the candidates.......and hoe to prepare for the practical exams..kindly help..anyone?...........

It could vary from one school to another, for interviews you will most probably be asked about your previous experiences in the dental field, your future professional goals, why you want a specific school, why you wanted to become a dentist, etc. There may not be a whole lot you can do to "prepare" for the interview, it's not like a test you have to study for, just do your best to be honest, friendly, and leave a positive impression that will make the interviewer believe that you are a good match for the program you are applying to.

As far as the practical exam is concerned, it can also vary, most probably you will be asked to prep an operative prep (class II amalgam is the standard) and a crown prep (PFM prep is also the standard) at least, some schools require an endo access, so overall, you need to show up confident that you can do nice preps with no major mistakes. You can prepare for that by working on plastic teeth on typodonts if you have your own set up and equipments, or you can ask your dentist friends to borrow theirs after hours to practice. There are plenty of schools that offer practice sessions, you can check at the programs you are applying to to see if they offer those. Good Luck

hey helpfuldoc
Whose email id is this i mean does this guy help in bench exam prep?please tell in detail....
thanks

Check the classifieds for dental clinic availability for practice for ca schools' bench test preparation or mail at [email protected]
hi..can I plz know whr is ur clinic...and when is it available for practice...will you be helping with the prep also...kindly let me know the address of ur clinic

hey helpfuldoc
Whose email id is this i mean does this guy help in bench exam prep?please tell in detail....
thanks

The clinic is in Milpitas, Ca. You bring you typodont and handpiece. A step by Step prep guide for different preps is provided. You will be given your own cubicle to practice in( limited spots due to clinic size). clinic is open M thru Fri and some sat. There is a per day fee. If you PM then I can give you more information.

I am looking for a place to practice for my clinical exam. If any one knows of any clinic in and around Plano or Dallas please post or PM me.

Thanks in advance.

The clinic is in Milpitas, Ca. You bring you typodont and handpiece. A step by Step prep guide for different preps is provided. You will be given your own cubicle to practice in( limited spots due to clinic size). clinic is open M thru Fri and some sat. There is a per day fee. If you PM then I can give you more information.

Hi I am presently at Canada. Have applied to US schools and waiting for an interview call.Can you advise me a place where I can be trained for a bench exam. Please help .Thanx in advance.

Hi,
I am going to UCLA for the same course on Oct 4th. Can u pls tell me that do we require to buy all the Instruments that they ask us to get in the list. They sent a huge list of instruments and materials to get and I was wondering that if we will use all of it in the course.
Thanks for the help.

usually the tooth preparation is the most important deciding factor. For that reason, I attended the bench course at UCLA and believe me, it is the best course I ever took. It helped me get in! Goodluck!

Hi ud,

I found that all the hand instruments that I had purchased for the course made a great difference in achieving a perfect tooth preparation. I even used them during my interviews and have saved them for the future when I attend school!! You will see what I mean when you complete the course.

Thanks Smile 2008.
I guess then I will go ahead and buy them from the UCLA store. Is there any other place that we can get them for cheaper price.

Hi all,

I have my practical exams on 26th oct, does anyone know is there any clinic available for practice in seattle?
Is there any place where they will rent/lend instruments?

Hi all,

I have my practical exams on 26th oct, does anyone know is there any clinic available for practice in seattle?
Is there any place where they will rent/lend instruments?

Is anyone available to train me for a bench test in Pittsburgh or at a drive able distance from Pittsburgh?