preparing for an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmRxn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how many hours on average did you spend preparing for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

How... do you prepare for an interview?.. I thought, it's either you have it or you don't. It's about smarts you can pre-meditate.

i used the SDN interview feedback section. I created a pool of the most commonly asked questions for each school and had a friend conduct mock interviews with me. I also practiced in front of a mirror to make sure my facial expressions and hand gestures were appropriate.

Members don't see this ad :)
How... do you prepare for an interview?.. I thought, it's either you have it or you don't. It's about smarts you can pre-meditate.

if they ask you why you want to go to their school you should be prepared to answer it. you have to remember at least two main points for this question and all other questions. it takes time to remember these main points if you have to answer more than five interview questions. the interview is very important and if you forget to talk about one important thing then your interview score might be lower and it might affect your chances of getting accepted.

I did a mock interview program which videotaped the interview, looked over the school's website thoroughly, and made sure I had some idea of how to answer the common interview questions.

For mine, I was at a mission trip in Alabama for 5 days before heading home for my interview. During those 5 days, I was with 20 people from my school and we were getting along very well. So I guess that helped on the part where I had to interact with a patient to talk to her about a situation. With the other two mini interviews, I knew what to say after reading the prompt.

I have a friend going to run me through a few mock interviews while video recording. There is also a service at the school I go to that offers a mock interview with feedback. If your school has something like this, then I would definitely look into it :thumbup:

how many hours on average did you spend preparing for an interview?

I just re-read my admissions letter, researched the school and profession (new directions etc...). But I guess I have been doing this for the past 9 months...so that long. :D

haha i thought the same thing before my first job interview.....but it really helps to prepare. unless you have a photographic memory and never get nervous, you're bound to forget things in the heat of the moment, or your brain just slows down.

haha i thought the same thing before my first job interview.....but it really helps to prepare. unless you have a photographic memory and never get nervous, you're bound to forget things in the heat of the moment, or your brain just slows down.
Scary.