Quantcast

Preparing for Boards during First Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jexna1

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I was wondering how you guys prepared for COMLEX Level 1 during your first year of medical school? I am totally new to all this so any tips help:) Thanks!:)

Reaction score
Study for the classes you're in now, and build a solid foundation to start real board prep next year.

It's worth familiarizing yourself with First Aid, but any hardcore board prep first year isn't a good use of your time.

Some people use Firecracker for spaced repetition of topics you've learned so far-- for me, it was time-consuming and I did slightly better on my exams when I started ignoring it, but I may pick it up again as an OMS-2 and see if if I can pull it off.

Reactions: 1 user

jexna1

Reaction score
Study for the classes you're in now, and build a solid foundation to start real board prep next year.

It's worth familiarizing yourself with First Aid, but any hardcore board prep first year isn't a good use of your time.

Some people use Firecracker for spaced repetition of topics you've learned so far-- for me, it was time-consuming and I did slightly better on my exams when I started ignoring it, but I may pick it up again as an OMS-2 and see if if I can pull it off.