firefighter9015

It's not THAT kind of study hour...
10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2007
Status
Pharmacy Student
I am losing all motivation to study for my finals right now, I just want school to be over. How are you all preparing for finals?

medicalCPA

Actually, it's medicalCPA, PhD now
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2007
NYC, Baby!
Status
Medical Student

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I am losing all motivation to study for my finals right now, I just want school to be over. How are you all preparing for finals?
Oh stop it already! :p
I still have an exam in all of my classes, my birthday's on Saturday (although I'll probably have to study or go to my rotation), and then I have finals. I would like to go to Jazzfest on Saturday, but I doubt I'll get to. :cry:

About the Ads
OP
firefighter9015

firefighter9015

10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2007
Status
Pharmacy Student
I know the feeling. Between having class and finals coming up, and then I am the student coordinator for a Medical Mission trip to Ecuador in August, for which we must book tickets by next week. I am just glad that my birthday doesn't fall during these weeks.

Allure

10+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2008
Status
Only 1 week left...yayy...I'm online playing poker instead of studying...lol...I hope I don't fail my finals tomorrow.

mattc_85

Call me Jeffrey
10+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
I know the feeling. Between having class and finals coming up, and then I am the student coordinator for a Medical Mission trip to Ecuador in August, for which we must book tickets by next week. I am just glad that my birthday doesn't fall during these weeks.
As long as we have our menu for the week, you know we will be fine. I just hope I get through the 1 million therapeutics slides before the exam!

simon11

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
North America
Status
Pharmacist
I'm not, I'm lying beside the pool getting good color so my pale face won't depress me when I have to look myself in the face and say, STUDY!

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
As long as we have our menu for the week, you know we will be fine. I just hope I get through the 1 million therapeutics slides before the exam!
theres only 1 million? I thought it was closer to 1.5, maybe I blacked out during womens health, it does it to me every time :scared:

mattc_85

Call me Jeffrey
10+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
theres only 1 million? I thought it was closer to 1.5, maybe I blacked out during womens health, it does it to me every time :scared:
I don't know about you but I just try to ignore that section altogether.

OP
firefighter9015

firefighter9015

10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2007
Status
Pharmacy Student
Well, it could have been due to the fact that we had to watch the videos and didn't have class....

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
I haven't touched therapeutics yet, right now I'm trying to type a 10 page MPA paper, but you can see how diligently I'm working on that.

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
Well, it could have been due to the fact that we had to watch the videos and didn't have class....
haha, who needs class when we have the INTERNET!! By far the worst idea ever. I slammed her in my evaluation.

njac

10+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2005
Now headed all the way west!
Status
Pharmacist
good thing that we don't have finals for another 3 or so weeks... we still have 2 therapeutics tests and I have 2 elective tests before those. nevermind the OSCE immediately before finals. oh yeah, and that entire oncology block in therapeutics between now and then.

About the Ads

sleazye

10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2006
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I got done on Friday and have been on a two day bender since then! Good luck guys!

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
right now I'm trying to study kinetics, I'm pretty sure its not helping though.

mattc_85

Call me Jeffrey
10+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
I'm stuck on women's health.....again. That topic NEVER seems to go away.

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
I'm cracking up. I just had a nice stress-relieving cry. :cry: :thumbup:

genesis09

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
This will be my last set of finals before the ultimate final. I already took my final midterm.

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
I'm listening to edgy, chick music too. It's helping. :hungover:
If only I lived in a society where women didn't have to act a certain way to be considered "feminine" or "lady-like"...
I think I'd be able to deal with stress better if I didn't have to keep this shy smile on my face.

Ok. I feel better now.

PS- I'm being more conservative than I would like to, which is pretty hypocritical. :rolleyes: I give up. :sleep:

Requiem

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Status
If only I lived in a society where women didn't have to act a certain way to be considered "feminine" or "lady-like"...
I think I'd be able to deal with stress better if I didn't have to keep this shy smile on my face.

PS- I'm being more conservative than I would like to, which is pretty hypocritical. :rolleyes: I give up. :sleep:
You randomly bring in issues of feminism into pharmacy threads... it's quite interesting.

tussionex

Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
po-town, NY
Status
Pharmacist
I'm listening to edgy, chick music too. It's helping. :hungover:

Ok. I feel better now.

listen to angry music.
don't worry about being "feminine"...i sure dont

take up an instrument....makes studying more interesting!

good luck on finals, everyone!

i've been out for 4 years and every year i think about NOT taking finals...

.........and smile!!!!!:love:

keep truckin' guys....you'll make it!!

About the Ads

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
You randomly bring in issues of feminism into pharmacy threads... it's quite interesting.
What can I say? ...feminism randomly comes up in my life.

My boss told me the other day that "it's a man's world", because some stupid, persistent female customer wouldn't stop arguing with me about the fact that she didn't bring in a script for X medication (that was to be stored in the computer). As soon as my boss gets on the phone, he tells her that we don't have X medication on file. After he tells her this, she says, "Ok". My boss didn't even have to tell her that he was the pharmacist!

I had to go through all of this nonsense babbling about this nonexistent script while my boss was able to say one word- "No".

There was another lady who did the same thing the other day too. I finally got so irritated with her mindless persistence that I started mouthing off the pharmacology of Pseudoephedrine and Phenylephrine. Alpha and Beta receptors... Alpha receptors... Sympathomimetic.... Needless to say, my boss stepped in after I said Sympathomimetic. :smuggrin:

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
listen to angry music.
don't worry about being "feminine"...i sure dont

take up an instrument....makes studying more interesting!

good luck on finals, everyone!

i've been out for 4 years and every year i think about NOT taking finals...

.........and smile!!!!!:love:

keep truckin' guys....you'll make it!!
Thanks for your support!
I'm smiling right now. :D

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
ahhhhh, why did they give up 30 pages of new therapeutics notes to learn before next Thursday?? I was on the verge of freaking out before, but now its official. I REALLY need these next two weeks to be over.

mattc_85

Call me Jeffrey
10+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
ahhhhh, why did they give up 30 pages of new therapeutics notes to learn before next Thursday?? I was on the verge of freaking out before, but now its official. I REALLY need these next two weeks to be over.
Because everyone hates our class! Therapeutics is what I have spent almost all my time on. I just keep telling myself its almost over.

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
I hope you didn't kill yourself doing womens health b/c of that study guide shes gonna post. Its a little relief, but theres still way, way too much information to cover for just one class. blah!

mattc_85

Call me Jeffrey
10+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
I had actually just finished the women's health stuff last night but I'm glad that she is giving us a study guide. It's a ton of stuff, it's pretty much enough for a final by itself.

genesis09

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
For us, Women's Health was one of the easiest sections.
Right now, I am in this evil Herbal section of the OTC class. She just puts down so much information. She includes the trials, the doses, the preferred products, etc.

mattc_85

Call me Jeffrey
10+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
For us, Women's Health was one of the easiest sections.
Right now, I am in this evil Herbal section of the OTC class. She just puts down so much information. She includes the trials, the doses, the preferred products, etc.
I think what made our WH section bad is that is was all online and there is so much information. There is not way we could have actually covered it all in class. The material isn't that hard there is just so much of it.
Good luck with the herbal!

About the Ads

mattc_85

Call me Jeffrey
10+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
My women's health studying actually consisted of DiPiro and notes....boring, I know.

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
:laugh::laugh: Well if the aforementioned studying methods work, I guess I'll reconsider studying for the WH section. I actually had to go and check my post to see if actually wrote that, its very likely!

OP
firefighter9015

firefighter9015

10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2007
Status
Pharmacy Student
Well, i am glad to know that I am not the only one not studying for finals. I just get to deal with stupid people who think that they are entitled to go on a trip to Ecuador just because they put their name down and know don't want to pay for airfare....geesh.

Knipps

In a 6 year program
10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2008
Status
Finals officially start at 10:15 tomorrow morning and I'm on here along with a few other forums I belong to.

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
I'm studying diseases of the entire GI system right now, so I'm about to throw-up. I really dislike looking at or reading about hemorrhoids. Gastric bleeding is pretty sick too. I just love reading "black, tarry stool".

Pharmcdc

Troches & lollipops
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2005
San Antonio, Tx
Status
Pharmacist
Good luck to you all! The only reason im on here is because our finals ended last Wed. If I can make it, I know you all can too! Almost a P3! Two weeks of IPPE and second year is over! You can do it!!!!:D

Chiyo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
I lost all of my motivations to study. I can't wait for the rotations to start!

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
T minus 4 1/2 hours until kinetics. ONOO-!

genesis09

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
One more week until my last set of finals, which except for one, econ, are midterms.

OP
firefighter9015

firefighter9015

10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2007
Status
Pharmacy Student
T minus 4 1/2 hours until kinetics. ONOO-!
Kinetics is all over. Only 4 more to go and I am done for the semester and then I can enjoy a summer with no class or rotations like last year.

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
I'm still hammering it out. :rolleyes:

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
I just started studying lab about 1 1/2 hours ago, this is gonna be ugly.

mattc_85

Call me Jeffrey
10+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
I just started studying lab about 1 1/2 hours ago, this is gonna be ugly.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I don't know about questions with no answers though.

Now all I'm worried about is therapeutics.

About the Ads