preparing for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbrons

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is everyone doing to prepare for interviews this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My pre-interview music: Nelly: Heart of a Champion.

Who else?

I usually rock out to interpol before an interview or anything important.. ooooor Eisley or Regina Spektor :oops:

do not write out your answers! keep on reciting them out loud

I think it's good to think about some popular topics and maybe practice with someone, but no reciting for me.

I agree that a beer or a nice glass of wine the night before would be good:D

I try to have a beer the night before, and remember to smile during the interview.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Yeah the night before an interview, in an unfamiliar area, this worked for me. Or just do something else that helps relax and mellow you out. As for my preinterview music, I went with tai chi music / chanting. Very peaceful, easy and relaxing.

What happens if you have more than one interview on the same day in different states? Is it reasonable to ask one school to reschedule?

What happens if you have more than one interview on the same day in different states? Is it reasonable to ask one school to reschedule?

No... you should teleport to the other school when finished with the 1st one. Ask the 1st school if you can use their teleporter.

No... you should teleport to the other school when finished with the 1st one. Ask the 1st school if you can use their teleporter.

Sweet. I knew there was a way I could go to both on the same day!

Sweet. I knew there was a way I could go to both on the same day!

You obviously need to call and re-schedule and as soon as possible so the schools can invite someone else to take up the open slot on the day you can't make it and arrange for you to placed in a group on another day. It is not all that uncommon for people to reschedule. However, what is uncommon is a school being pleased with an applicant who knows he has a schedule conflict and notifies them at the latest possible moment.

I seriously hope this isn't an issue where I can't attend one of those interviews. Oh, and I obviously will contact the school as soon as possible to reschedule. This process is too arduous to risk an interview due to tardiness. It would negate the effort of turning in apps on the first day and all the other hard work that went into applying, plus fees.

I advise looking into "career prep" programs @ your local universities. My alma mater offers a mock interview with recording, which I utilized recently. This is absolutely the best thing one can do to prepare for the interview process.

It's a little weird to watch yourself, but there is no better critic than yourself.

Also, contact any physicians, health care professionals, counselers, parents, etc, and have them interview you. Get grilled before the real deal!