Preparing for next app cycle...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redsox781

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off congratulations to those who have been accepted to dental schools. I'm actually on the other end of the stick. Waitlisted at two schools and I have feeling I probably won't get in this cycle. I'm, looking ahead now. My gpa is about a 3.4. I feel like I really need to work on my DAT score which was not that great and try to get a little bit more dental experience. I used Topscore and the Kaplan book to prepare for the DAT. I'm getting ready to study again for the exam. I was just wondering for those that did well on the exam and got in what resources did you find helpful in your studies? I thought Topscore was a good practice for the real exam but the Kaplan book did an ok job for the science section. I felt it was lacking a lot of information that I saw on the DAT. Did anyone use any other books that covered the orgo, chem, bio section better? especially the biology part..

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

You many wanna try to dig some info from the DAT discussion forum.
Personally i recommend topscore and bio textbook.

To be a competitive applicant for '08, you will need to have alteast 19 on everything on your DAT. If you get an average 20 or more, and continue to take classes (upper division biology) AND apply early you should not have any problem getting in.

Topscore is good, but at the end of the day, its just another tool. The more you retain your information and the faster you can grasp the concept, Kaplan's bluebook should be good. PM me if you have any specific questions. Good luck to you otherwise.