Preparing for next cycle.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bearded gent

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am excited yet nervous about the upcoming future. I have been accepted into a post-bacc program (Certificate in Biomedical Sciences) and begin in August. I have not taken the DAT but will begin studying for the test tomorrow, June 2. First question: Should I sign up and pay for the testing before studying or wait until a few weeks before I plan on testing? Obviously, I won't be applying for this cycle, but plan on applying this time next year.
 
I waited before a few weeks. Less pressure, more flexible since Feb but I have been studying more productively since the deadline is approaching.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
I waited before a few weeks. Less pressure, more flexible since Feb but I have been studying more productively since the deadline is approaching.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Yes, exactly. I don't want the immediate pressure of a deadline. I'm just not sure how often test dates are made available for a particular month or if the seats are quickly taken.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For me, I only started SERIOUSLY studying once I had a test date. It gave me something concrete to plan for.
 
Yes, exactly. I don't want the immediate pressure of a deadline. I'm just not sure how often test dates are made available for a particular month or if the seats are quickly taken.

yeah, you should be fine scheduling a couple weeks ahead if its not July-August (thats when most people take it)