Preparing for Practicals/Technical skill exam for CA schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rojarose

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have started the application process for the international dental program for all the schools in California.

I beleive all of them require Practicals/Technical skill exams. I heard that there is tranining institute in Orange county for practical trining but was told that it is very expensive. Other option is to tranin ourselves.

Can someone share their experiences on this.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm also looking for the practical exam details.

I think the one you mentioned orange county is Duggans. This is their website
http://www.duggandds.com/index.html

Their courses are expensive and you need to stay there during the course duration.

Other option might be to buy the tools and practice at home.

Are you planning to apply for this year?

Rojarose said:
Hi All,

I have started the application process for the international dental program for all the schools in California.

I beleive all of them require Practicals/Technical skill exams. I heard that there is tranining institute in Orange county for practical trining but was told that it is very expensive. Other option is to tranin ourselves.

Can someone share their experiences on this.

Thanks,

I was looking for this website for long time.

Yes, their course are costly but they also sell instruments.

Did any one had purcahsed tools from them?

kichamani said:
Hi,

I'm also looking for the practical exam details.

I think the one you mentioned orange county is Duggans. This is their website
http://www.duggandds.com/index.html

Their courses are expensive and you need to stay there during the course duration.

Other option might be to buy the tools and practice at home.

Are you planning to apply for this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Please feel to reply to this posting or send a personal messages if some one lives in California Bay area wants to do group practice for California dental school admissions.

I'm open to share the expenses for tools.

have you brought the materials needed to practise at home, have you started practising.

Rojarose said:
Please feel to reply to this posting or send a personal messages if some one lives in California Bay area wants to do group practice for California dental school admissions.

NO, i'm planning to start from Next month.

andaljay said:
have you brought the materials needed to practise at home, have you started practising.

hi friends,,i am about to buy a typodont,,but i have a doubt,,whether i should buy columbia or kilgore typodont,,,and again in that we have some one stage and two stage teeth it seems,,,plzz reply soon,,coz i have to buy it ASAP

hi friends,,i am about to buy a typodont,,but i have a doubt,,whether i should buy columbia or kilgore typodont,,,and again in that we have some one stage and two stage teeth it seems,,,plzz reply soon,,coz i have to buy it ASAP

I recomend you to buy columbia, because I recently received an email from the Duggan's Institute, one of the materials needed was the columbia typodont, they wrote that this one is recomended to use.
I hope that would help.:luck:

hi
i am interested in preparing for the practical exams, i live in the bay area.

I recomend you to buy columbia, because I recently received an email from the Duggan's Institute, one of the materials needed was the columbia typodont, they wrote that this one is recomended to use.
I hope that would help.:luck:

hey minibracket thanks a lot,,,u saved my 150$,,,coz i was abt to buy kilgore ones....thanks a lot sweety:D

hey guys,

im also from bay area. have any of you been called for interview? shouldnt we wait till we hear if we are called for interview b4 we start practising?

Hello,
One of the members,Dr.Dai phan wrote that he is willing to teach for free, if we organise a group.Anyone interested? He lives in New Mexico.

hey friends,
I live in Bay area. I did a lot research but didnt find any course for practical exam preperation in bay area. So, anybody has any information regarding this please post.
Thanks

If there are enough students we can approach Dr. Thaw in the bay area to conduct a course for us. He is very good and has trained a lot of students for the RT exams.

i am interested if it is in the bay area. Do we have to do the restoration as well for ca schools or only the tooth preparation(cutting)

Forming a group in bay area for practical exam prep is a great idea. I have talked to Dr. Thow. Please email me directly if you are interested in forming a group. I plan to start group as soon as possible as we don't have much time left. My email is [email protected]
I will start a group as soon as I hear from alteast 4 other people.

Forming a group in bay area for practical exam prep is a great idea. I have talked to Dr. Thow. Please email me directly if you are interested in forming a group. I plan to start group as soon as possible as we don't have much time left. My email is [email protected]

is there a fee for this?

I'm open to this idea,

Please let us know the fees and other requirements.

I had alse sent a personal msg and email.

Thanks,