preparing length ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zizaludbA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello there ,
i started gathering information about taking this step so i think about taking a year off after finishing college " im currently going to the 6th year " the problem is i think i forgot most of the basics right now and i need a long time to prepare my self again so ,, would be a year good enough to prepare well to the exam ? i mean taking a HUGE score ?

thank you !

Members don't see this ad.

6th year? are u in the British medical school system?

average prep time for Step 1 is 6-10 weeks....6 if you still hold a solid understand of the fundamental sciences (anatomy, biochemistry/genetics, physiology, mbio/cellbio/histo, neuro etc).

Foreign medical graduates generally study for longer because they need much better scores. I would ask other FMGs for advice on this topic.

6th year? are u in the British medical school system?

average prep time for Step 1 is 6-10 weeks....6 if you still hold a solid understand of the fundamental sciences (anatomy, biochemistry/genetics, physiology, mbio/cellbio/histo, neuro etc).

yes i'm in a british system

Foreign medical graduates generally study for longer because they need much better scores. I would ask other FMGs for advice on this topic.
:scared:well since im foreign how much should i score ?