Prepping for DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmF

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

New member hear. I'm a 4th year biology major (3.3 cumulative GPA) and I plan on graduating Spring 2012. I haven't taken O-Chem yet so I'm waiting on DAT's for now.

I got a few questions
1) When did you take start studying for DAT in relation to your graduation date. 1 year before? 6 months before?

2) How many hours total did you study?

3) What are the best resources for studying? $$$ not an issue.

4) How many of you needed to apply more than once to get into the school of choice.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

1) When did you take start studying for DAT in relation to your graduation date. 1 year before? 6 months before?

2) How many hours total did you study?

3) What are the best resources for studying? $$$ not an issue.

4) How many of you needed to apply more than once to get into the school of choice.

Thanks in advance for the help!

1&2) 4 months of regular studying. Depends on how much stuff you have going on. Tried to put in 3hrs per day 6 days per week. Obviously, i couldn't do it every day.
3) I tried a number of guides. I HIGHLY recommend the Orgoman DAT Destroyer. Really great. Kaplan and Barron's are good. Cliffnotes is terrible.

1)
First time: A month before I graduated undergrad.
Second time: 2 months after I got my masters.

2)
First time: 4 weeks - 6 hours/day.
Second time: 6 weeks - 8 hours/day.

3)
Definitely DAT Destroyer, MATH Destroyer, Orgo Odyssey, Crack DAT PAT, DAT Achiever, and Topscore are the top notch materials you want to use. *cough* see the sig.

4)
This year is my third and last time applying.

After spending countless hours of pouring through DAT forums I finally decided to join the network today. I just ordered the DAT Destroyer minutes ago and am overly excited. I think this is the most excited I have been about ordering a book. There a plenty of threads with members detailing their study regime and providing helpful resources. Do a search for "DAT Study" and plenty of post will appear. I will be updating my journey periodically as well. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
the hours everyone is telling you will vary based upon your knowledge your best bet is to review everything with your college txtbooks and kaplan blue book and kaplan subject tests only after having a basis should you go into destroyer and math destroyer those are really meant to use what you know and test it strictly.........if money is not an issue try taking the DAT destroyer course Romano teaches himself and you'll find your studying to be better fit since ur actually in a course.........do some research on these boards you'll find the general opinion of kaplan course vs romano's best of luck to you and everyone else studying for their DAT's