Prepping for Opt School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoldenStateChic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all current optometry students:

I will be starting opt school in the fall and wanted to ask you all if there is something that you had wished you had brushed up on before classes started. I have four months to review anything that I need to before first year starts and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

For all current optometry students:

I will be starting opt school in the fall and wanted to ask you all if there is something that you had wished you had brushed up on before classes started. I have four months to review anything that I need to before first year starts and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks! :)

Nope just relax, enjoy your summer off (this will probably be your last free summer) - take a trip, hang out with friends and make the most of this last summer! I def wish I did more

Members don't see this ad :)
Enjoy this time now, you'll wish you had it later. Don't "pre study", it's a waste of time and you won't be any more prepared, you'll have just wasted your last summer. Maybe do more job shadowing if you insist.

There's nothing to brush up on. You'll learn what you need to at opt school, so just relax.

I second getting those additional shadowing hours done. It feels good to hear about stuff in class that you saw outside of class on your own.
Maybe I'm just a super nerd, but I did read ahead! Mostly just anatomy and physiology stuff, because I didn't do a lot of that in undergrad, and it was not a prereq at SCO.