preq question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Readybetty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated with a bs in rehabilitation studies in dec. but I wanted to retake some of the Prerequisite for ot school this summer to make my application stronger. I plan on retaking Abmormal psych and A&P 2 because i got a C in both,:thumbdown: but I was wondering if it would be okay to take these courses in a community college instead of a university to save a few bucks? Does anyone have any idea on how the schools would receive my retakes from a CC? thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The schools do not frown upon courses from junior colleges. They will be impressed that you took the initiative to retake the courses. I did the same thing with a&p I and II.

I also took A&P 1&2 at a community college again to refresh my anatomy. I don't think it matters where you took it...at least it didn't for the 2 schools I got accepted into.

I agree; I think most programs realize that a lot of people go to CC's for their pre-req's because the schedule is usually more flexible. I think they will just like to see that you are re-taking them!