Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

prereq courses

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by QueenAMK, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Hi everyone,
    i was wondering about possibilities how to take prereq courses,
    i didn't graduate from US college (I have MS in biochemistry and biomedical engineering from Europe) and i found out that i have to finish at least one year at US collage (even i already took all the courses), but i'm working full time, have family so i can't just quit everything and go back to undergraduate (and i probbably wouldn't be even able to get a student loan for the undergraduate courses)
    does anyone have any info how to get 30 credit hours including labs???
    thanks a lot :)
    Q

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Truth_seeker

Truth_seeker Member
    5+ Year Member

The only way to do it is to register as a non-degree seeking student and take the classes. Many med. schools won't accept course work done distance ed. Also, labs don't accompany those classes in general. I know at my state univ., you can only take 2 classes/semester. Have you checked with the med. schools you're wanting to apply to to see if they'll accept 30hrs? Many of us on this board are in the same boat and you just have to do it. It's not easy but you have to make it happen somehow. Good luck.