Prereq Question, need some help guys!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KingGerard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about my Biology 1 and Biology 2 prereqs and how to enter them into my application for PTCAS. Anyway, I took Bio 1 at a community college over one summer that transferred in as Bio 2 at my full time school. So I then needed to take Bio 1 at my full time school since I already had Bio 2 done (the summer community college one). Which one do I enter as Bio 1 and which one as Bio 2 on my application? I really hope I don't have to take another Bio class that would count as bio 2, both classes were completely different and I can see why my full time school had the community college bio transfer in as Bio 2. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

The instructions for entering your courses are pretty detailed read through that a couple times, no kidding, I freaked at first, bombarded the forum w/ questions, then re-read the thing and was able to ans. my own questions. Different schools use differnet numbering systems and course descriptions, you have to match it the best you can w/ the PTCAS description. When in doubt.........don't submit until you have talked w/ PTCAS......or the PT program . Wish I could help you more but not familiar w/ the new PTCAS pages.

The instructions for entering your courses are pretty detailed read through that a couple times, no kidding, I freaked at first, bombarded the forum w/ questions, then re-read the thing and was able to ans. my own questions. Different schools use differnet numbering systems and course descriptions, you have to match it the best you can w/ the PTCAS description. When in doubt.........don't submit until you have talked w/ PTCAS......or the PT program . Wish I could help you more but not familiar w/ the new PTCAS pages.
Ok thanks, I'm just hoping the PT programs I'm applying to won't see them as both Bio 1's. I'll be sure to read over everything again or just get in touch with the PT programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would probably do it by course content. Biology 1 usually covers molecules and cell vs. Biology 2 which is usually focuses on organisms, but if you want to make sure, you can call or e-mail PTCAS. They were very helpful when I called last year.

I would probably do it by course content. Biology 1 usually covers molecules and cell vs. Biology 2 which is usually focuses on organisms, but if you want to make sure, you can call or e-mail PTCAS. They were very helpful when I called last year.
Ok yea, the Bio I took at the community college transferred to my full time school as Bio 2. That one was actually more centered on cells. And the Bio 1 I took at my real school was actually the one about organisms. So I'll just base it off of that. Thanks!