1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Prereq. Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Optimism Smiles, May 29, 2008.

1. Optimism Smiles

Optimism Smiles DAT drains my ATP
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    For example: say school X has microbiology as a prereq. and I have neither taken it nor put it on my coursework as "planned". Would the school just dismiss my application (not offer an interview, etc.)? I mean, if I were accepted in December, the school knows I could just take that course in the spring semester, right?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jaba

Jaba S.mutans
    5+ Year Member

I know a few people who were given a conditional acceptance. THey had to finish a certain pre-req and then they would be admitted. So yea, anything is possible.

4. Ninster

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I know Michigan needs microbio and I don't plan on taking it either :/ I asked them if my "Cell Bio" would suffice but they said no! Could anyone confirm whether they look at our application if we don't have the pre-requisites?

5. Hoprod3

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    They will look at your application and probably even send you an interview invite. I interviewed at UMich without having taken MicroBio and when accepted was told to just make sure I take it before matriculation. I think it is similar for most other schools.