Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After applying to several medical schools, it is becoming appearent that I am about to become a re-applicant. A number of the schools that rejected indicated that my GPA (a few 1/100s of a point below 3.5) could use smoe improvment. Therefore, a few weeks ago, I appilied to GTown's & BU's post-bacc programs.
Then I got another rejection letter and more comments from another admissions dean. He strongly suggested that I take upper-division undergrad biology classes. When I told him about my application to the SMPs, he strongly advised against that.
Now, it is true that a do not have very many upper-division undergrad biology classes. However, I did complete all the traditional pre-reqs, did reasonably well in them, and got a 10 on the MCAT biology section. However, the sterness of his warning still haunts me.
Can someone who has not completed any upper-division undergrad biology classes do well at GTown and BU? Would it be better for someone in my position to go back to undergrad instead of forward to a SMP?
Then I got another rejection letter and more comments from another admissions dean. He strongly suggested that I take upper-division undergrad biology classes. When I told him about my application to the SMPs, he strongly advised against that.
Now, it is true that a do not have very many upper-division undergrad biology classes. However, I did complete all the traditional pre-reqs, did reasonably well in them, and got a 10 on the MCAT biology section. However, the sterness of his warning still haunts me.
Can someone who has not completed any upper-division undergrad biology classes do well at GTown and BU? Would it be better for someone in my position to go back to undergrad instead of forward to a SMP?