Prereqs-gen/intro/basic chem and bio?

Started by Katiekflo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Katiekflo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,
So looking at the prereqs for most schools, they require either general or intro to chem 1&2 and bio 1&2.
Now- I got my associates from a community college before transferring to a 4 year school for my bachelors.
At my community college I took general chemistry but it transferred to my 4 year school as basic chemistry. So would PT schools see the basic chem and disregard that it WAS general chem ? Also At my 4-year school I took intro to college biology, so that is different from general?

I don't really understand what the differences are.

Thanks!
 
If you are interested in any particular schools, I would ask them just to be 100% sure. It sounds like the general chemistry will be fine, but generally introductory courses are easier than general courses and won't be accepted. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.