Prerequisite Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swuman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have a question about the perquisite courses and the 8 semester credits you need for Physics. For most people, did that mean you only needed to take 2 physics classes with a lab to meet the 8 credit requirement?
At the university I go to in Canada we only receive 3 credits per physics course with a lab, leaving me short 2 credits. Did anyone have to take a third physics course to meet the 8 credits. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

The 8 credits is usually covered by 2 courses and lab. I figure you took physics 1&2 they just happen to be 3 credits so maybe the schools will see that and be fine with it. Ask the admissions to be sure.

Do they have any 4 hour physics classes in Canada or are all of them 3 hour? If only 3 hour than I would check with the podiatry school admissions to see how they accept these requisites.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many credits do you need to graduate?

In my undergrad, I technically only took 2.3 credits of physics, but we only needed to have 32 credits to graduate. Basically you multiply by four to get "normal credits". Perhaps your school is the same way? Only 100 credits to graduate?

At my school we only have 3 credit courses no 4 credit courses. I talked to some schools and they said that my 6 credits would be acceptable.

I need 120 credits to graduate.