Prerequisite Question...Stupid Question Possibly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I have a bio related degree (Neuro) and started out UG taking some pre-med pre requisite courses. I did not take Intro to Bio II technically, but have taken Anatomy and Physiology I/II, Neuroendocrinology, Neurophysiology, Microbio and a few others to name.

Currently I am pursuing a DIY post bacc to finish my pre-requisites. Do I technically still need to take Intro to Bio II?? I am terrified to call med schools and ask because I feel like this may be a completely stupid question.. Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

My undergrad didn’t have intro to bio 1 and 2, just bio 101 and the next class was microbiology. Lots of people matriculate every year from my undergrad so you should be good

Reactions: 1 user
Don't be afraid to call and ask, it is not a stupid question. Each school has different requirements, and I seem to recall some specifically mentioning general biology. They might allow waivers though. I don't think most schools care and might prefer A&P over talking about plants in a gen bio course.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't be afraid to call and ask, it is not a stupid question. Each school has different requirements, and I seem to recall some specifically mentioning general biology. They might allow waivers though. I don't think most schools care and might prefer A&P over talking about plants in a gen bio course.

Thank you! I will definitely call I think it's the best idea to just be certain.