prerequisite question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GATOR Girl

Jenny
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted who still has prerequisites to take? Or do they put you on the wait list until you take the course?

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools I know of will give you a "conditional acceptance" if you still have prereqs to finish. The condition is that you finish those prereqs with a passing grade. Some schools give preference to people who have finished all the prereqs.

You don't have to wait, you just have to finish all prereqs by the summer before your entering year. If you get accepted they will tell you that you need to maintain your current level of academic progress.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I got accepted (October 05) I still had 14 hours of pre-reqs to finish. The acceptance was conditional upon me finishing them with at least a C in each. I got a B, B- and an A in my fall classes. I will probably get B's and C's this semester because I'm just not that into it...

All4MyDaughter said:
When I got accepted (October 05) I still had 14 hours of pre-reqs to finish. The acceptance was conditional upon me finishing them with at least a C in each. I got a B, B- and an A in my fall classes. I will probably get B's and C's this semester because I'm just not that into it...

That is so funny! I feel the same way, the scary thing is that I have not been accepted yet! I have a 4.0 GPA and have a feeling that if I do get accepted that will all change this semester.... ;) I like my O-chem 2 class (although very hard), love my Pharmacology class, but can't stand my calculus class. I have been doing something, I can't believe I am doing in that class. I sit in the back corner (I usually always sit in the front) and read my Scientific American magazine. I pay attention somewhat, but the topic is so dry, it is hard for me to pay attention.

It also doesn't help that every other second I check my phone/ messages for.. you know "THE CALL" :laugh:

Glad to know that I am not the only one who is having a hard time during Calculus lectures...so dull. I wish I had thought this through and tried to take it independent study or online. Does yours have a lab with it? I kid you not. Calc at my school involves a 2-hour lab period (per week) to learn how to use Maple. :thumbdown:

Rxbound said:
Glad to know that I am not the only one who is having a hard time during Calculus lectures...so dull. I wish I had thought this through and tried to take it independent study or online. Does yours have a lab with it? I kid you not. Calc at my school involves a 2-hour lab period (per week) to learn how to use Maple. :thumbdown:

No way! Thank goodness my calculus class does not have a lab. :eek: Maybe my professor will spice things up a bit... then again probably not, he resembles a very very nerdy skinny Clark Kent and Icabod Krane (but he is such a nice guy).

I got conditionally accepted and I am taking Anatomy and Phisiology I right now, and I have to take the II and Speech.
I wish they would wave those.

Same here for South (if I decide to go there)... I have to finish O Chem II and take A/P II. What sucks is that in lieu of A/P II they used to require Physics II which I already have. :mad:

I'm in the middle of Anatomy & Physiology II and Speech, and I got conditionally accepted to UF. I already had speech back in high school (dual enrollment), but the course number wasn't high enough to count for UF.