Prerequisites at a CC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfline

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The 2017 ADEA AADSAS application now has a section where you select the prerequisites from your transcript that fulfill each schools requirement.

My question:
If I've taken General biology 1 & 2 at a community college, should I also select upper level biology courses I have taken at a university level that also fulfill the biology prerequisite? (I.e. Genetics w/ lab, histology w/ lab, etc.).

OR: should I just select general biology 1 & 2 from the CC to simply fulfill the prerequisites?

Members don't see this ad.

The 2017 ADEA AADSAS application now has a section where you select the prerequisites from your transcript that fulfill each schools requirement.

My question:
If I've taken General biology 1 & 2 at a community college, should I also select upper level biology courses I have taken at a university level that also fulfill the biology prerequisite? (I.e. Genetics w/ lab, histology w/ lab, etc.).

OR: should I just select general biology 1 & 2 from the CC to simply fulfill the prerequisites?
I faced the same thing. What I did was unless the prerequisites were specifically micro, physio, anatomy, etc., then I went ahead and included every course within biology in that one year general biology requirement.