1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Prerequisites for carib schools?

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by WowMD, Oct 2, 2002.

1. WowMD

WowMD Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi. I was just wondering if SGU, Ross, AUC, etc, accept prerequisites such as bio, chem, org chem, physics that are done in a community college (2yr college)?
    I already earned a BS degree in a 4 yr college, but i'm currently doing my premed courses in a community college because of my financial problem.

Thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Skip Intro

Skip Intro Registered User
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    With regards to Ross, I don't know exactly. You should call the office in New York to make sure you're not wasting your time and/or money. Ross WILL accept you without having completed your B.S., however. I know a few students who have fulfilled the pre-med requisites, completed at least 60 (I think) credit hours at the University level, and are attending/have attended Ross.

http://www.rossmed.edu/

Others can give you info on the other schools.

Good luck!

-Skip Intro
    MS2 Ross University
    Portsmouth, Dominica

4. doctamon

doctamon Member
    7+ Year Member

I've spoken with admin at SGU,Ross,AUC and they say they will accept CC courses if they're transferable to a University (and they are the real deal courses, not "survey" courses). Bottom line, CC is okay for carib schools.

5. delayofgame

delayofgame Membership Revoked
    Removed

... dont forget... u must be breathing &.... have a pulse....other than that your in.... oh yea, good credit to get a private loan... cause US Dept of Educ., doesnt really think its worth more than $18,500/yr, its a grad loan at BEST....