Prerequisites Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BLACKTEXAN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering can I still apply to a medical school even if I haven't finished all of my prerequisites. I plan on applying to Meharry this next cycle however I will not be finished with my Bio lab and Physics 2 by the deadline. I am set to graduate fall 2011 and I plan to send in my application during summer 2011. The deadline for applications is December 15 I think. Will I still be considered? They will all be completed the semester that I graduate.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I was wondering can I still apply to a medical school even if I haven’t finished all of my prerequisites. I plan on applying to Meharry this next cycle however I will not be finished with my Bio lab and Physics 2 by the deadline. I am set to graduate fall 2011 and I plan to send in my application during summer 2011. The deadline for applications is December 15 I think. Will I still be considered? They will all be completed the semester that I graduate.

Virtually all schools require prereqs to be completed b4 matriculation/start of med sch. U must also have >90 cr including most prereqs so that they can better judge u against ur peers. I hope u meant "I plan on applying to Meharry AND SEVERAL OTHER SCHOOLS this next cycle"

Gdluck

Hey guys I was wondering can I still apply to a medical school even if I haven’t finished all of my prerequisites. I plan on applying to Meharry this next cycle however I will not be finished with my Bio lab and Physics 2 by the deadline. I am set to graduate fall 2011 and I plan to send in my application during summer 2011. The deadline for applications is December 15 I think. Will I still be considered? They will all be completed the semester that I graduate.

Yes, you will be considered. Send them your academic transcript as soon as you finish your pre-reqs.