Prerequisites

Started by Kingda
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kingda

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear Pharmacy Peeps,

I don't know if this has been answered yet. This is my situation I am senior Temple University about to hope to be in my last semester this fall. I am/was planning on taking Tech 2, Pchem 1 lab and Pchem 2 lab, and work part a lab position this fall to finish my Chemistry BS. I am applying for the 2014 pharmacy cycle. I have noticed a change in the prerequisites to some of my top schools that now want Anatomy and Philology, Microbiology, Foreign language (Temple now has this) I am missing these classes since they are not required for the Chemistry BS program. Should I change my course so that I would fully these prerequisites, or should I finish my degree? Also when I took Bio 1111 at temple it was crazy hard and I got a C- and I see that schools want a C and above in all prerequisites should I retake Bio 1111. And I plan on taking my PCAT next week. ?
 
no dont retake it, its not worth it. just pass the pcat with flying colors and the schools wont care about your terrible grade in bio
 
Agreed.. Showing that you are taking high level classes in chemistry will definitely outweigh your low grade in Bio.. Wouldn't retake.