Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NameGoesHere

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how many people took all the prerequisite courses before applying to medical school and how many people did not? For those of you who did not take all the prerequisites, what schools gave you an interview or accepted you and which course(s) did you not take?

Members don't see this ad.

Need to know your name first please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering how many people took all the prerequisite courses before applying to medical school and how many people did not? For those of you who did not take all the prerequisites, what schools gave you an interview or accepted you and which course(s) did you not take?
Took Biochemistry during the Spring before starting med school. They required a minimum of a C and were quite persistent in ensuring my final transcript included that course with the required grade. I had said on my application that that I biochemistry was the only class I hadn't taken and that I planned to take it during the Spring before matriculation. (Turned out to be TOTALLY useless in terms of helping during our MS1 biochem course.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Took Biochemistry during the Spring before starting med school. They required a minimum of a C and were quite persistent in ensuring my final transcript included that course with the required grade. I had said on my application that that I biochemistry was the only class I hadn't taken and that I planned to take it during the Spring before matriculation. (Turned out to be TOTALLY useless in terms of helping during our MS1 biochem course.)

Can you expand on why it was useless? I'm nervous about the biochem/cell block :(.