Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexandraz

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My questions is to anyone attending dental school or accepted did you have all of the dental schools prerequisites? I am asking to see if people get in without some of the courses, are they recommended or required. I am still pursuing my degree and will still need one physics and one organic chemistry course if I apply to dental school this year to complete every single prerequisites. However, I don’t know if I should wait an entire year to apply to complete those two courses. I will have accomplished my bachelors degree in biology March of 2020. Please help apply this year or next year? Also if anyone is asking I haven’t taken the dat I am planning on taking it at the end of this month.

Members don't see this ad.

You don’t have to have all of your pre-reqs done by the time you apply, but you need them by the time you matriculate. on AADSAS they have a place where you can list “planned/future” courses, so you should put the pre-reqs there and take them next school year.

You don't need all your prerequisites done before you apply.

You can be invited for an interview and accepted on the contingency that you complete the necessary courses before matriculating at the school.

If you do plan on applying this cycle, I would get to it because dental schools are on a "rolling admissions" basis; the sooner your apply, the higher your chances are of being accepted.