Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bullsfan122

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you apply to dental school without finishing all of your prerequisites? I have taken Gen Chem, Gen Bio, and Orgo. I am going to be a junior this fall. I wanted to take biochemistry the upcoming spring semester and physics my senior year. Also i need to retake orgo and i plan to do so next summer. I am taking the DAT's in August and if all goes well i wanted to start applying as soon as possible! Is it possible for me to apply after taking the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, they just need to be done before entering D-school.

Can you apply to dental school without finishing all of your prerequisites? I have taken Gen Chem, Gen Bio, and Orgo. I am going to be a junior this fall. I wanted to take biochemistry the upcoming spring semester and physics my senior year. Also i need to retake orgo and i plan to do so next summer. I am taking the DAT's in August and if all goes well i wanted to start applying as soon as possible! Is it possible for me to apply after taking the DAT?

Yes, you can apply to dental school without having completed all requirements. You just need to make sure they are completed before you matriculate in d-school. Now, I am not sure if there are schools out there that require all courses are completed, but none of the schools I applies to have the requirement that ll be completed before applying.