Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HowIMetYourPet

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any good sites/info that lists prereqs for all schools, together?

Also, Texas A&M says it requires Animal Nutrition as a prereq, but I may be misinterpreting their website. The problem however, is that my school (despite the fact that it is a large school) doesn't offer that class...have you guys found that some schools will substitute some prereqs for other classes, like possibly a human nutrition class?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
K-State and Oklahoma State offer an online Animal Nutrition class if your university does not. I think K-State offers an online Introduction to Animal Science. Good luck!
 
Oregon State offers many animal science courses (it's a major option here) including animal nutrition. I took animal nutrition online, even though I live in Oregon, and it was incredibly easy! One quiz online a week and a small 3-pg paper on any nutrition topic you want essentially. Reading was pretty mild and professor posts notes for you to study off of for the quizzes. I've also heard it's a cheaper option than taking this course through other schools, but I'm not sure the validity of this.