prerequsites from foreign country

Started by foxi02
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

foxi02

foxi
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I am new to this forum. I am planning to apply to ICO, NECO, Pacific, and SUNY this year. I am hoping to find help and advise from those who are US permanent residents, hold the BS degree from another country and got accepted or applying to the optometry school.
I am US permanent resident (I have a Green Card). I graduated 6 years ago from university in Estonia with BS in Bio-and Food Technology. My degree covers most of the prerequisites. I also took some of the prerequisites at the local community college. My prereq GPA is about 3.84
If anybody in a similar situation:
Did you have a hard time applying with prerequisites taken from different country?
Do you think retaking them worth it?
DO you think the time gap of 6 years will have big influence on the acceptance decision?

I would really appreciate any help and advice.🙂