prescribe meds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Utterdevotion

Hopeful future pharmacist
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I read somewhere (while searching for Wingate stuff) that NC pharmacists are able to be certified to prescribe medications.
I would love to learn more about this, but I can't seem to find info about it. Could someone be so kind as to help me out?

Thanks!
 
I read somewhere (while searching for Wingate stuff) that NC pharmacists are able to be certified to prescribe medications.
I would love to learn more about this, but I can't seem to find info about it. Could someone be so kind as to help me out?

Thanks!

I think you're referring to the North Carolina Collaborative Practice agreement which required a law change in 2000. It took effect in 2001, was surveyed & modified in 2003.

It is not much different than the collaborative practice agreements which are currently in use in many states....altho I think there is a pharmacist here from NY who says there are very few collaborative agreements in tht state.

Google...NC pharmacist collaborative practice agreements. They cover many disease states...diabetes, asthma, CAD, CVD, copd, etc...
 
I think you're referring to the North Carolina Collaborative Practice agreement which required a law change in 2000. It took effect in 2001, was surveyed & modified in 2003.

It is not much different than the collaborative practice agreements which are currently in use in many states....altho I think there is a pharmacist here from NY who says there are very few collaborative agreements in tht state.

Google...NC pharmacist collaborative practice agreements. They cover many disease states...diabetes, asthma, CAD, CVD, copd, etc...

Thanks!
 
The quick search term is "Asheville Project".

If that floats your boat, look at Public Health Service (Indian affairs) and the VA hospitals. Both of those systems have RPh rx privledges.