USMLE prescription question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myoliewu12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mr. Jones is a 50 years old with history of Diabetes Mellitus, hypertension, and hypercholesterolemia. On examination and investigation , BP =130/80, HbA1c 6.3% . He is on Metformin 500mg two times per day, Perindopril 2mg morning once, Simvastatin 20mg on night. Please write a prescription to him until next follow up in 1 months.

Can anybody enlighten me how to solve this question?

Members don't see this ad.

Mr. Jones is a 50 years old with history of Diabetes Mellitus, hypertension, and hypercholesterolemia. On examination and investigation , BP =130/80, HbA1c 6.3% . He is on Metformin 500mg two times per day, Perindopril 2mg morning once, Simvastatin 20mg on night. Please write a prescription to him until next follow up in 1 months.

Can anybody enlighten me how to solve this question?

This guy with multiple risk factors for CAD is on simvastatin 20mg (which is a moderate intensity statin)...His ASCVD risk probably is more than 7.5% according to his risk factors... So, we need to change the statin to high intensity probably like Atorvastatin like 40 to 80 mg (or) Rosuvastatin 20 to 40 mg.....

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with above. Memorize the two high-intensity statins.
Also...perindopril?!? (I mean, obviously an ACE-I but 0_0)