Present KCOM possibilities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trudragoon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, here's my story: My secondary application for KCOM has just been completed today, my gpa = 3.4, sci gpa = 3.3, 29Q MCAT, extensive clinical exp. Do I still have a shot at KCOM or will I be waitlisted at best? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

trudragoon said:
Alright guys, here's my story: My secondary application for KCOM has just been completed today, my gpa = 3.4, sci gpa = 3.3, 29Q MCAT, extensive clinical exp. Do I still have a shot at KCOM or will I be waitlisted at best? Thanks!

I think your stats should get you an interview (of course I'm not admissions). And if you do well, I think you have a good shot getting in. Good-luck! Any Qs about the interview process, let me know.

trudragoon said:

You should have a good shot. I was accepted with very similar stats but I applied very early on. I don't know how the class is looking now but I know a few people post about rejections already (KCOM started interviewing early). But I also am not the admissions committee. Just give it your best during the interview and you should be fine. Let me or any of the other KCOM class of 2009 folks know if you need any help preparing for the interview. Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the support! If I have any ?'s about interviewing, I will ask you first!

If you do get an interview I recommend choosing the option to stay with a student. I am a 2nd year here at KCOM, and occasionally I have interviewees stay the night before their interview with me. There are many 2nd years that open their houses up to potential peers. I suggest this especially because it gives you an opportunity to really talk with a student and get a better student feel. I also like to give some interview day tips. Good luck with our application process and in your search to find the right place for you.

Man, your numbers are WAY better than mine and I got in with in a month of having all my paperwork in. You should be in good shape.

Hey guys, good news! I got an interview a couple of days ago and I am scheduled for 3/11. I have been trying to scour this forum on whether or not the class has been filled yet, so if any of you know that would be great! Also, I just finished reading the Gevitz book for the second time, but I was wondering if you all had any other interview tips besides reading the interview section. Thanks again!

trudragoon said:
Hey guys, good news! I got an interview a couple of days ago and I am scheduled for 3/11. I have been trying to scour this forum on whether or not the class has been filled yet, so if any of you know that would be great! Also, I just finished reading the Gevitz book for the second time, but I was wondering if you all had any other interview tips besides reading the interview section. Thanks again!

relax!! the interviews here are laid back. mine were just conversations. don't worry about it and try to just soak it all in to see if kirksville fits.

good luck with your interview next week (we'll all be taking finals then).

john

Does anyone know if KCOM is interviewing for acceptance or wait-list?

I am not 100% on this though...

Good Luck