Pox in a box

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
I prepared a big presentation to present to my attending and team. The attending forgot about it. What do I do?

Ryan

Pretend This Is Witty
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2001
Allentown PA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Taking care of this is just as easy as getting Molluscum contagiosum... ;) It depends on your attending is ...He/She pretty cool? Just mention it casual-like. Oh, btw Dr. "X"... I was not clear about when you wanted me to present the assignment you gave me. OR Ask, ...Hi Dr. "X", did you still want me to do that presentation on "hyper-flattulence syndrome" (or what ever exciting thing you were told to prepare).

Attendings are people too....well, at least most of them are.

sophiejane

Exhausted
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2003
Waco, TX
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Pox in a box said:
I prepared a big presentation to present to my attending and team. The attending forgot about it. What do I do?
That happened to me more than once last year.

Just remind them. It's not like they are going to bite your head off. And if they do, well, who's being the jerk? They are. You worked hard on it and should get the chance to present.

It's so weird to me when people feel they have to walk on eggshells around attendings. They are human, they forget stuff. A friendly reminder should do it.

vwhan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2004
Augusta
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
sophiejane said:
That happened to me more than once last year.

Just remind them. It's not like they are going to bite your head off. And if they do, well, who's being the jerk? They are. You worked hard on it and should get the chance to present.

It's so weird to me when people feel they have to walk on eggshells around attendings. They are human, they forget stuff. A friendly reminder should do it.
Just ask the residents when a good time would be to give your presentation. If you let them know, they will help you in reminding your attending.

BlackNDecker

Paid da cost 2 be da bo$$
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2005
Pole Position
www.swolehead.com
Status
Pox in a box said:
Send the residents, attending, nursing staff, and hospital admin. a thank you card. Apparently, this is ALWAYS appropriate... :rolleyes:

Reaganite

10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Pox in a box said:
I would remind him. Lets say you don't tell him, and he remembers later...just before he is about to fill out your eval. Even though he forgot at the time, he might assume that you knew and just didn't remind him.

loveumms

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
PA
Status
Attending Physician
Are you for real? How about just saying - Dr.X when you like me to give my presentation. Your in med school - not first grade. If you worked hard on something then make sure to share it.