Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Presentations in pharmacy school

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Pharmwannab, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Pharmwannab

Pharmwannab Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    The post about paper writing prompted me to wonder... do you have to do a lot of presentations in pharmacy school? I really have no problems with interpersonal interraction (or I wouldn't have even considered pharmacy) but I do have a weak spot for presentations. So what's it like at your school?

2. ultracet

ultracet 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

all the time

3. Pharmwannab

7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Gulp. What school do you go to by the way? By all the time do you mean daily, weekly?

4. fairyofsong

fairyofsong Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

We have presentations on different levels. My first quarter, we had to do a powerpoint presenation for about 10 minutes that we prepared for for half of the quarter. This quarter we have a class that all we do is prepare a presentation over a new drug that we'll have to present at the end of the quarter. During lab, each week a group has to present on what they learned from the previous week.

So, yes, you do have lots of presentations. Some are just "more major" than others ;)

5. Stephie

Stephie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

They told us at the Touro interview that we would do presentaions all the time if we went there. Not sure exactly how often they meant, but I know that students are put in certain groups and that the presentations are a large part of the curriculum.

6. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I have probably had 10 or so major presentations in school so far, and countless smaller ones in labs and such. I'm a P3.

7. Pharmwannab

7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yikes heh. Well, suppose I'll manage but it'll be pretty difficult for me especially considering I have a cervical dystonia (muscle spasms in my neck, severity being proportional to stress/nervousness). There any schools that don't really emphasize presenting as much? :eek: Hehe.

8. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    We have lots of presentations at UF during the first two years. It's not bad this year, though. I haven't had to do one power point. When I start rotations in 3 months, I will have to get back into presentation mode.