Pharmwannab

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
The post about paper writing prompted me to wonder... do you have to do a lot of presentations in pharmacy school? I really have no problems with interpersonal interraction (or I wouldn't have even considered pharmacy) but I do have a weak spot for presentations. So what's it like at your school?

Pharmwannab

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Gulp. What school do you go to by the way? By all the time do you mean daily, weekly?

About the Ads

fairyofsong

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2005
Georgia
Status
We have presentations on different levels. My first quarter, we had to do a powerpoint presenation for about 10 minutes that we prepared for for half of the quarter. This quarter we have a class that all we do is prepare a presentation over a new drug that we'll have to present at the end of the quarter. During lab, each week a group has to present on what they learned from the previous week.

So, yes, you do have lots of presentations. Some are just "more major" than others ;)

Stephie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2004
California
Status
Pharmwannab said:
The post about paper writing prompted me to wonder... do you have to do a lot of presentations in pharmacy school? I really have no problems with interpersonal interraction (or I wouldn't have even considered pharmacy) but I do have a weak spot for presentations. So what's it like at your school?
They told us at the Touro interview that we would do presentaions all the time if we went there. Not sure exactly how often they meant, but I know that students are put in certain groups and that the presentations are a large part of the curriculum.

Pharmwannab

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
bananaface said:
I have probably had 10 or so major presentations in school so far, and countless smaller ones in labs and such. I'm a P3.
Yikes heh. Well, suppose I'll manage but it'll be pretty difficult for me especially considering I have a cervical dystonia (muscle spasms in my neck, severity being proportional to stress/nervousness). There any schools that don't really emphasize presenting as much? :eek: Hehe.

dgroulx

Night Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
Woodinville, Washington
Status
Pharmacist
We have lots of presentations at UF during the first two years. It's not bad this year, though. I haven't had to do one power point. When I start rotations in 3 months, I will have to get back into presentation mode.

About the Ads