Preventing Boredom on the DO thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libo1369

mmm beer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In response to the ever increasing boredom complained about on this thread lets go with the classic two truths and a lie. If you post be sure to check back often to let others know if they nailed it. While I know this is the internet and we are all ninja-billionaire spy-jedi-SEALS you get a chance to lie only once in a post. So lets have at it I will start.

1. I have fallen 30' out of a helicopter.

2. I have been intubated while concious.

3. I have flipped in a car going seventy four times.

may I add all without serious injury.

Ok guess away people:D

Members don't see this ad.

In response to the ever increasing boredom complained about on this thread lets go with the classic two truths and a lie. If you post be sure to check back often to let others know if they nailed it. While I know this is the internet and we are all ninja-billionaire spy-jedi-SEALS you get a chance to lie only once in a post. So lets have at it I will start.

1. I have fallen 30' out of a helicopter.

2. I have been intubated while concious.

3. I have flipped in a car going seventy four times.

may I add all without serious injury.

Ok guess away people:D

I guess that 1 is a lie.
My turn:

1. At age 28 I will be more than $250,000 in debt

2. I have been to Alaska and Mexico and prefer Mexico

3. I am going into medicine because I truly want to help people

Well for me one is true I fell 30' out of a helicopter fast roping and got a bad bone bruise of my talus that almost got me discharged from the USMC.

I have also been to alaska and mexico but I can't believe that you would like Mexico more I call B.S.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm guessing 3 is a lie for libo and 2 also for Dad. I guess it depends on what part of Mexico and what part of Alaska though. Hmmm maybe I'm rethinking my guess. Okay I'm guessing 1 instead for Dad.

I DEFINITELY prefer Alaska over Mexico any day of the week. You got me.

This is a fun game. I would guess #3 is a lie for libo and #3 for dad also.

I belive you want to help people dad, but I am guessing that is not the sole reason you chose medicine. They are all believable.

Am I allowed to do one?

1. I am married to my high school sweetheart.
2. I have never traveled outside the United States
3. I am terrified that I won't ever make it into medical school.

2 for libo and 3 for dad.

here are mine.

1. i recently changed to a vegan diet

2. i love physics

3. i have an obsession with shoes/hats

Am I allowed to do one?

#1 is rare enough that it will be the one most people would guess is a lie and you can't be a pre med w/o #3. so by default i choose 2!

Am I allowed to do one?

I think that you have traveled outside the US I remember that time in tijuana federales and all.

Three is also correct for me my wife and I were in an accident where we flipped four times going seventy she suffered five broken cervical vertebrae and I came out with only a scratch it is 8 years later and we are doing fine. So Number two is a bust for me.

I think that you have traveled outside the US I remember that time in tijuana federales and all.

Three is also correct for me my wife and I were in an accident where we flipped four times going seventy she suffered five broken cervical vertebrae and I came out with only a scratch it is 8 years later and we are doing fine. So Number two is a bust for me.

ha totally read your 3rd statement wrong. i read it "flipped in car going 74 times."

needless to say.... :confused:. but now it makes sense

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you explain physics majors then? people that have just gone off the deep end?

Pretty much I have a friend that is a proffessor at CU Boulder in physics and yeah I would say off the deepend.

Pretty much I have a friend that is a proffessor at CU Boulder in physics and yeah I would say off the deepend.

haha okay agreed. i guess i made my lie too easy.

ohhhhh physics. ive never hated something so passionately befor in my life. really though, why is it even a requirement. its not useful.

crap, I suck at this game. I accidently listed 3 true things. :oops: I even knew what I was supposed to do. #2 was supposed to be my lie but I ended up stating it as a true fact. :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

ryserr, I would say #1 is your lie. A vegan diet is pretty hard to switch to, but maybe you are telling the truth. I won't eat any meat, but I will eat products with egg and milk in it them.

OMG, I just woke up from a 2 hour nap like 30 mins ago and I must not be awake yet. I am making so many typing mistakes and have to keep editing my posts. I am going to wake up. I will talk to you all later!

1) my cousin once removed is Chuck Norris
2) I drove off a cliff once
3) I own a chain of stores that sell malt liquor only (thats MD 20/20, OE, and king Cobra for those of you who don't know)

good luck

2) I drove off a cliff once
3) I own a chain of stores that sell malt liquor only (thats MD 20/20, OE, and king Cobra for those of you who don't know)

good luck

:laugh::laugh: I'm gonna guess 3) is definitely true as well as 1) so 2) is false.

HAHA This is a cool game!!!!! Guess mine!!!

1. I have been fascinated with death from a very young age

2. I have been playing the banjo for 9+ years

3. I am married to my high school sweetheart (I know I stole this but I like it!)

HAHA This is a cool game!!!!! Guess mine!!!

1. I have been fascinated with death from a very young age

2. I have been playing the banjo for 9+ years

3. I am married to my high school sweetheart (I know I stole this but I like it!)

I think I read somewhere that you wanted to be a pathologist so I think 1 is true and being from Oklahoma, I'm going to guess 3) is true. Hey, I married my high school sweetheart even if he was 4 yrs older than me. It's not that uncommon. That leaves my guess to be 2 as false.

I'm obsessed with Chuck Norris (well, mostly with CN jokes)! If this is true, can you hook me up with meeting him? :laugh:

So, which one is false?

ok, I'll play, better then studying for a physics midterm

1) I don't use a microwave
2) I was once engaged to a current pro-football player (a tight end...:D...in more ways then one)
3) I stopped eating grains and products made from them 6 years ago

OK, my turn. :)

1. I have stood on the Eastern and Western hemispheres of the earth at the same time.

2. I have 6 toes on my right foot.

3. I am missing my first cervical vertebrae (the atlas).

ok, I'll play, better then studying for a physics midterm

1) I don't use a microwave
2) I was once engaged to a current pro-football player (a tight end...:D...in more ways then one)
3) I stopped eating grains and products made from them 6 years ago

Laura, although I love you, I'm calling BS on #2.

Laura, although I love you, I'm calling BS on #2.

shoot yeah, it would be nice though and I haven't given up hope....I'm not very good at this game I'm going to have to work on some better ones

shoot yeah, it would be nice though and I haven't given up hope....I'm not very good at this game I'm going to have to work on some better ones

:laugh: Yeah, me too! That would be nice . . . :love:

Guess mine!!!

OK, my turn. :)

1. I have stood on the Eastern and Western hemispheres of the earth at the same time.

2. I have 6 toes on my right foot.

3. I am missing my first cervical vertebrae (the atlas).

I'm going to say #3 for some reason I believe the six toe thing

Laura, why don't you use a microwave or eat grains? Just wondering.

superlatives are coming in handy!!

1. Voted biggest flirt
2. Voted best smile
3. Voted most likely to succeed

superlatives are coming in handy!!

1. Voted biggest flirt
2. Voted best smile
3. Voted most likely to succeed

Judging by your picture, I'm guessing that 1 and 2 are true. That leaves 3 as false

Judging by your picture, I'm guessing that 1 and 2 are true. That leaves 3 as false

:laugh::laugh: I was also going to say that you have a very nice smile so that one must be true. Since you are appying to med school should be quite successful, I will guess that 1 is false.

haha - looks are deceiving!

1 is false - I'm actually pretty shy

I apologize for being stereotypical, but you do kind of look like the typical blonde---pretty smile; most of which are big flirts. Congrats on being perceived as someone that will be successful!!!!!

I apologize for being stereotypical, but you do kind of look like the typical blonde---pretty smile; most of which are big flirts. Congrats on being perceived as someone that will be successful!!!!!
what's the typical blonde? lol nevermind...I know, I'll stop there before the blonde jokes start rolling in:laugh:

Dont mess with my future exwife :smuggrin:

I haven't been posting much lately, but I saw this thread and thought I'd join in on the fun! :)

I don't drink coffee.

I've never been stung by a bee.

I'm shorter than most people around my age.

I haven't been posting much lately, but I saw this thread and thought I'd join in on the fun! :)

I don't drink coffee.

I've never been stung by a bee.

I'm shorter than most people around my age.

I'm guessing #2. I can't imagine going through your whole life and never being stung by a bee.

I'm guessing #2. I can't imagine going through your whole life and never being stung by a bee.

I've actually never been stung by a bee, no joke! I guess I've just been lucky. The lie is #3...I'm 5'10'' :D

I've actually never been stung by a bee, no joke! I guess I've just been lucky. The lie is #3...I'm 5'10'' :D

Man! #3 was my first guess but then I couldn't imagine not ever having been stung by a bee. So, what's it like to be 5'10"? I'm 5'2" and always dreamed of being 4 inches taller. It worked out though because my husband is 5'6". :D

1. I have several friends in the NBA
2. I regularly average over 20 mph on the bike in triathlons of varying distances
3. I once kissed Lance Berkman's girlfriend

Man! #3 was my first guess but then I couldn't imagine not ever having been stung by a bee. So, what's it like to be 5'10"? I'm 5'2" and always dreamed of being 4 inches taller. It worked out though because my husband is 5'6". :D

woo hoo, lets hear it for the short girls! 5'3'' and 3/4th inch here baby and proud of every cm of it

I've been taller than my mom since 5th grade, so I've gotten used to it over the years :D. My closest friends are about 6-8 inches shorter than I am as well, so it would feel weird having taller friends, hehe.

Oh, and I bet it's a lot easier to buy jeans at your height. I had the toughest time looking for good jeans when I was in junior high...but now they have longs available at more stores so it's nice :D

1. I have several friends in the NBA
2. I regularly average over 20 mph on the bike in triathlons of varying distances
3. I once kissed Lance Berkman's girlfriend

uhh ... Who's Lance Berkman?

I'm guessing that's the lie whoever Lance is.

I've been taller than my mom since 5th grade, so I've gotten used to it over the years :D. My closest friends are about 6-8 inches shorter than I am as well, so it would feel weird having taller friends, hehe.

Oh, and I bet it's a lot easier to buy jeans at your height. I had the toughest time looking for good jeans when I was in junior high...but now they have longs available at more stores so it's nice :D

At least you have the tall jeans. When you're 5'7", the regulars are too short and the talls are too long. A bunch of my friends wanted to start a special line for 5'7" only girls called 5'7".

Yes but Laura could still be right as long as you only have 4 toes on your left foot. :laugh:

Good point EE, I think the lesson we have all learned here is that 'Laura is ALWAYS right'

that is all....

At least you have the tall jeans. When you're 5'7", the regulars are too short and the talls are too long. A bunch of my friends wanted to start a special line for 5'7" only girls called 5'7".

OMG! I'm 5'7 and I have that problem! I'm sooo down to help start the clothing line! :D