Preventive Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sappho_sapphics

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I posted this exact question in the Residency before finding this site.

I know for the Preventive Medicine residency, most require the completion of the MPH. Has anyone, or does anyone know of a program that offers the Public Health emphasis to the PhD level? I am specifically interested in Community/Behavioral Health (or something related to this field) and not Epidemiology.

Thank you.
 
sappho_sapphics said:
Hi,

I posted this exact question in the Residency before finding this site.

I know for the Preventive Medicine residency, most require the completion of the MPH. Has anyone, or does anyone know of a program that offers the Public Health emphasis to the PhD level? I am specifically interested in Community/Behavioral Health (or something related to this field) and not Epidemiology.

Thank you.

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has a Community Health PhD you can take... its not MSTP, but seems very well run

http://www.med.uiuc.edu/msp/