Previous Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nil911

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am recent graduate with BS degree. Now I am planning to apply to DENTAL SCHOOL, and have already taken DAT and all. I was wondering if any1 have previous year application filled or blank that they are willing to share which i can use as reference to start filling my application which will enable me to submit soon as the window gets open. Hope some1 can help me. Thanks in advance.

-Nil911

Members don't see this ad.

AADSAS has closed the 2010 cycle so we are no longer able to log-on. So I am not sure how someone can give a blank copy at this point. Unless they have one sitting around they are willing to fax or scan...

Even if it was available, it is not a right thing to do. Everyone is in the same boat; they should all fill it out at the same time.

Members don't see this ad :)
;)
Hello,

I am recent graduate with BS degree. Now I am planning to apply to DENTAL SCHOOL, and have already taken DAT and all. I was wondering if any1 have previous year application filled or blank that they are willing to share which i can use as reference to start filling my application which will enable me to submit soon as the window gets open. Hope some1 can help me. Thanks in advance.

-Nil911
and you want to go to DS when you can't even fill out your "own" application without looking at others......

Even if it was available, it is not a right thing to do. Everyone is in the same boat; they should all fill it out at the same time.

;)
and you want to go to DS when you can't even fill out your "own" application without looking at others......

The guy miss worded what he needed to say.

He intention is not to copy. But use it as reference. For example: like when you enter extra cirr. he wants to know what columns are available so that he can get everything ready. And what other columns are their that require little bit of extra work such as writing short answers so he can be prepared in advance.

to DDSTX come on now. Do you know how many people for the last cycle created fake accounts so that they can get their app ready for this cycle... w/ all fields/columns ready.

Like peanut said, he/she just wanted a blank copy to prepare the necessary information. Smart on their behalf. Our healthcare advisor actually suggested that we do this. Make an account the year before you apply so you can preview the application and become familiar with it.

I have a blank copy somewhere but I honestly think you're over stressing it. I highly doubt there's any difference between submitting the first week of June or the 2nd week or even the 3rd week.

You'll be fine. Just fill it out when it becomes available.

Besides the obvious sections like DAT and academic records, here are some of the sections you might wanna get started on:

Describe any activities requiring manual dexterity (e.g. activities requiring hand-eye coordination such as cross-stitching, sewing, art, crafts, playing musical instruments, auto repair, etc.) at which you are proficient.
1) Academic Enrichment Programs (limit 5)
2) Awards, Honors, and Scholarships (limit 5)
3) Dentistry Experience (limit 5)
4) Extracurricular/Volunteer/Community Service (limit 10)
5) Research Experience (limit 5)
6) Work Experience (including Military Service) (limit 5)

Besides the obvious sections like DAT and academic records, here are some of the sections you might wanna get started on:

Describe any activities requiring manual dexterity (e.g. activities requiring hand-eye coordination such as cross-stitching, sewing, art, crafts, playing musical instruments, auto repair, etc.) at which you are proficient.
1) Academic Enrichment Programs (limit 5)
2) Awards, Honors, and Scholarships (limit 5)
3) Dentistry Experience (limit 5)
4) Extracurricular/Volunteer/Community Service (limit 10)
5) Research Experience (limit 5)
6) Work Experience (including Military Service) (limit 5)

thanks oreoson for replying,

I was wondering is it short answer for each of 1-6 listed things? or they have boxes to write each of the experience. thus, i wanted a copy of BLANK or filled app which i can use to see how shall i start collecting information.

If I remember correctly, each section had small boxes for documenting brief descriptions and dates (e.g., hrs/wk).