Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Previous applications

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by iwannabpharmer, Feb 21, 2007.

1. iwannabpharmer

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I have applied to schools for the past three years with no success. Do schools know whether a student has applied in the past? Do they keep all of our interview materials, essays, etc? I'm hoping that three times a charm this year. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Farmercyst

Farmercyst From the shadows
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    They only know if you tell them. I don't think PharmCAS has a place on their application form, but most supplementals have a checkbox at the very least so you can let them know you've applied before. They generally have a follow-up question to find out what you've done with yourself since last year. For the ones that don't, it would be best to include in any space they give you on the supplemental apps. It allows them to know how interested you are in their school and what you've been doing to meet their expectations. Before it got so competitive, repeat applications was generally considered flattering. I'm not sure how it's considered now. I'd imagine it should give you an edge over a twin applicant that hadn't applied before at the very least.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...