• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

iwannabpharmer

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2007
Chicago
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I have applied to schools for the past three years with no success. Do schools know whether a student has applied in the past? Do they keep all of our interview materials, essays, etc? I'm hoping that three times a charm this year. :D

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I have applied to schools for the past three years with no success. Do schools know whether a student has applied in the past? Do they keep all of our interview materials, essays, etc? I'm hoping that three times a charm this year. :D

They only know if you tell them. I don't think PharmCAS has a place on their application form, but most supplementals have a checkbox at the very least so you can let them know you've applied before. They generally have a follow-up question to find out what you've done with yourself since last year. For the ones that don't, it would be best to include in any space they give you on the supplemental apps. It allows them to know how interested you are in their school and what you've been doing to meet their expectations. Before it got so competitive, repeat applications was generally considered flattering. I'm not sure how it's considered now. I'd imagine it should give you an edge over a twin applicant that hadn't applied before at the very least.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.