Previous/Current Barry students..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wol

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any graduates or current students in Barry's pod program care to reply with their experience at the school --i.e. with the faculty, classmates, location and the school's ability to prepare them for boards/residency through their curriculum?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd love to go to Barry as well. My interview with them is Jan 11.

I don't know if Feli comes on the pre-pod section too often, but he went to Barry. You might be interested to PM him?

Members don't see this ad :)
If it helps I talked to a podiatrist yesterday who recently graduated from Barry and is fresh out of residency. He said if he had to pick schools again he would go to Barry still. Hope that helps.

If it helps I talked to a podiatrist yesterday who recently graduated from Barry and is fresh out of residency. He said if he had to pick schools again he would go to Barry still. Hope that helps.

Do you know where he did his residency?
&& Where is he currently practicing right now?

I'm from fl. The woman I shadowed graduated valedictorian from Barry, did residency at fl hospital east, practices in Kissimmee and absolutely loves her job. She's told me so on several occasions. Unfortunately I will have to break the news to her that I will be attending dmu next year but I know she'll be proud non the less. She really liked Barry. I went to interview there and it seems like the place to be if you want to make connections and stay in Florida. I just do not want to live in Florida anymore after living in West Virginia the last 4 years.
Oh and go knights!

that's interesting.
I'm curious, this question is geared towards Barry students... where do most of you hope to complete your residency?

that's interesting.
I'm curious, this question is geared towards Barry students... where do most of you hope to complete your residency?

On Barry's site they have an area where students have reviewed rotation sites. Take a look and you'll see trends of where students are interested.

I am almost from Fl, He did his residency at JFK, and is practicing in Melbourne. In the practice there also is another dr who's daughter is going there now and says she likes it too.

I'm from fl. I just do not want to live in Florida anymore after living in West Virginia the last 4 years.
Oh and go knights!

You are probably the first person ever to have this mind set. I am from MI and go to Florida every year for the last 5yrs and I would love to live in FL. But I would like to stay in MI just b/c of family

I'm from fl. The woman I shadowed graduated valedictorian from Barry, did residency at fl hospital east, practices in Kissimmee and absolutely loves her job. She's told me so on several occasions. Unfortunately I will have to break the news to her that I will be attending dmu next year but I know she'll be proud non the less. She really liked Barry. I went to interview there and it seems like the place to be if you want to make connections and stay in Florida. I just do not want to live in Florida anymore after living in West Virginia the last 4 years.
Oh and go knights!

U-C-F!!! I'm actually wanting to go out of state also. I went to DC two years ago during the fall and loved it!