previously reapplying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You know on the part of the AMCAS where you pick the schools you're applying to? They ask if you've previously applied to that school. If I had that school down on the primary, but never filled out the secondary, does that count as reapplying to the school?

Members don't see this ad.

musiclink213 said:
You know on the part of the AMCAS where you pick the schools you're applying to? They ask if you've previously applied to that school. If I had that school down on the primary, but never filled out the secondary, does that count as reapplying to the school?
Yes. I've sent in my AMCAS to many schools and not received a secondary. They looked at my info, so that means that I had applied. Whether or not I made the cut (or decided not to fill out the secondary, as in your case,) is a different thing.

RxnMan said:
Yes. I've sent in my AMCAS to many schools and not received a secondary. They looked at my info, so that means that I had applied. Whether or not I made the cut (or decided not to fill out the secondary, as in your case,) is a different thing.

I sent primaries out to about 30 schools but only sent out 8 secondaries without withdrawing at the other schools I recieved secondaries for. would that be looked down upon at schools I didn't send the secondaries to?

uptempo said:
I sent primaries out to about 30 schools but only sent out 8 secondaries without withdrawing at the other schools I recieved secondaries for. would that be looked down upon at schools I didn't send the secondaries to?
I'd ask, (as a casual observer,) why didn't you fill out the secondaries in the first place? Did you not want to go there? If so, then why apply there in the first place? If money's a problem, (and a valid reason,) then why not cut down the number of AMCAS apps and the number of secondaries?

To answer your question, most schools, in my experience, don't notice one way or the other. Only in one interview was I asked off-hand question regarding the number of times I had reapplied and how far in the process I had got before being rejected. If they ask you, then be honest. But with thousands of applicants, the things they will look at are GPA and MCAT before anything else.