prez_al and EmanuT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgdorfl90

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was wondering if you guys can go into detail about your stats and stuff. It seems like both of you have basically gotten all the interviews from schools that don't even want to reply to my messages. Congratz to both.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
tinman831 said:
Why don't you PM send them a PM with any questions you have for them?

i thought all would benefit from their answers.

sgdorfl90 said:
i thought all would benefit from their answers.
Honestly, I don't know how I got these interviews... my EC's aren't spectacular, heck, I didn't even join a prehealth society (like 99% of you guys)... I don't have 3 yrs of research like many of you as I only have 1 yr of research. I mean the only thing that stood out was joining an honour society... I don't even have "20/20" DAT scores (like 99% of you guys), you would think state schools would see my 17 in PAT as a red flag. Oh, and yes, I was a premed/dent hybrid two years ago (I had to check 'yes') as I wrote the MCAT... :scared: you tell me how that helps my application? Sorry for making the situation seem murkier because clearly I can't explain what happened.

^^ Dude, it's your GPA. Pat yourself on the back.

What do you mean you wrote the MCAT? Like you wrote questions for it?

OSUDDS said:
What do you mean you wrote the MCAT? Like you wrote questions for it?
No, I wrote the entire test and applied to med school in the past.

wrote = took for those of you who have never left the US.

reapply2007 said:
wrote = took for those of you who have never left the US.
I left the US for 6 weeks once. It was fun.

He has a 3.8 gpa and scored above 20s on dat and, applied to 20 schools. there's a straightfoward answer: http://www.predents.com/?page=user&user_id=1041 . i think he is just messing with you guys.

And so that you know, those are eastcoast schools that he's getting the interviews at and they are usually faster through the application process than west coast schools. ;)

L8DYV said:
He has a 3.8 gpa and scored above 20s on dat and, applied to 20 schools. there's a straightfoward answer: http://www.predents.com/?page=user&user_id=1041 . i think he is just messing with you guys.

And so that you know, those are eastcoast schools that he's getting the interviews at and they are usually faster through the application process that west coast schools. ;)
if I had the luxury of a state school (which I don't, coming from Canada), I wouldn't have applied to as many schools (I'm sorry, but I don't want to pay outrageous private tuition if I had the choice). But thanks for pointing out that I applied to a lot of places... I think it was apparent all along. Guy makes it seem like it's horrible to apply to more than 15 places... if you were in my situation, you'd do the same too though.

I applied to 15+ schools too! you're not alone

prez_al said:
if I had the luxury of a state school (which I don't, coming from Canada), I wouldn't have applied to as many schools (I'm sorry, but I don't want to pay outrageous private tuition if I had the choice). But thanks for pointing out that I applied to a lot of places... I think it was apparent all along. Guy makes it seem like it's horrible to apply to more than 15 places... if you were in my situation, you'd do the same too though.

be prepared to answer questions on why you applied to so many schools though. interviewers almost always ask that question. they will also bring up the mcat thing 100%..but if you give them solid answers and seem sincere u should be fine.

prez_al said:

Better safe than sorry. It's not horrible, it's smart. Good luck.

I hope the interviews go well since I'm not exactly a superstar interviewee... Not really worried about the med applications since I applied to med and dental at the same time and already figured out a good explanation (sorta explained it in my statement). Regardless, I know the previous medical applications will hurt me at places such as Tufts... Anyway, thanks for the support guys!

prez_al said:
You did your research and made a smart move. Congrats and good luck with the process.

Thanks sg-
I applied early (May) and I think prez applied around the same time. I don't have a public state school so I am applying to 12 schools. Hopefully some more interviews will roll in and then acceptances 12/1. Goodluck guys and feel free to ask any questions!

PS - I received a letter mid-July saying my Penn application was complete and I never received anything from Columbia pre-interview invite.