Prialt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mister Mxyzptlk

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just heard that Medicare will not pay for Prialt when used in combination therapy, only monotherapy. Has anyone else heard about this?

Members don't see this ad.

dude after doing 3 prialt trials on patients i am not to keen on mono or poly therapy with it - they all wigged out...

dude after doing 3 prialt trials on patients i am not to keen on mono or poly therapy with it - they all wigged out...

Please list starting dose and titration increment as well as frequency. What was their psychiatric comorbidities? What kind of wigged out- hallucinations?

I'm on the speakers bureau and have some experience (limited), but I've read a lot of the case literature on the medication.

Members don't see this ad :)
followed the recommendations for the meds... used in monotherapy (don't think my previous hospital would have allowed us to mix it with anything because they were being anal) - 1 had persistent nausea and 1 felt "out of their skin" and the other was seeing things and felt very weak (despite normal exam)... all three felt better as soon as prialt stopped (well within about 12 hours or so)

Please list starting dose and titration increment as well as frequency. What was their psychiatric comorbidities? What kind of wigged out- hallucinations?

I'm on the speakers bureau and have some experience (limited), but I've read a lot of the case literature on the medication.

What's been your experiences? I'd like to hear how you do your titrations...

Still with limited experience....

Start 1.2
Titrate by 0.6 qweek

Have gone as high as 19

No side effects, had fair partial relief between 12-16, went away over 16.

Patient with FBSS, multiple surgeries. Super nice guy. No psych issues.
AMPAPHB knows him and can vouch- you'd want him for your patient.

He was on high dose MSO4 in the pump and it wsa not working. He did a rapid wean to oral meds and came off orals for the titration when we got over 6 on the Prialt. No side effects, bu not enough clinical effect.