ruck

10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Which schools screen the primary application and invite for interview?

Kuba

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
NYC
Status
Attending Physician
Does anyone know when we can expect invites from NYCOM? Anyone from last years cycle remember when people started getting emails/phone calls?

About the Ads

BengaliDocIsl

BaitulMukarram,Bangladesh
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2006
Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
DRKUBA said:
Does anyone know when we can expect invites from NYCOM? Anyone from last years cycle remember when people started getting emails/phone calls?
According to a letter i received from them, November through May they continuously send interview invites.

HemaOncoDoc

One Step At A Time
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
NYCOM, WVSOM, Touro-MI, Western

HemaOncoDoc

One Step At A Time
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
BengaliDocIsl said:
According to a letter i received from them, November through May they continuously send interview invites.
November is when the invitation is sent or when the interview is actually is.

DrCurious

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2005
Status
So these schools send the secondaries and invites for interviews at the same time?

HemaOncoDoc

One Step At A Time
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
DrCurious said:
So these schools send the secondaries and invites for interviews at the same time?
From my knowledge, Western University sent my secondary along with the interview invite. NYCOM sends the secondary only if you're invited to interview. All of forementioned schools screen. However, as time progresses, secondaries may be sent out before your interview invitation due to a backup in interviews.

BengaliDocIsl

BaitulMukarram,Bangladesh
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2006
Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
HemaOncoDoc said:
November is when the invitation is sent or when the interview is actually is.
For NYCOM, the letter says:

"Invitations for interview will be sent continuosly from November to May".

BrownianMotion

Einstein's Simple Diffusion
10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2004
Planet Earth
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
for nycom, even though we dont have an interview invite, are we still supposed to send our LOR to them? thats what it seems like from the letter...

mj1878

Water good...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2002
Barnes and Noble, studying as usual.
mj1878.wordpress.com
Status
Medical Student
I'm still waiting to hear back either way on my application to NYCOM from the 2005 application cycle. :D

HemaOncoDoc

One Step At A Time
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
BILAL said:
for nycom, even though we dont have an interview invite, are we still supposed to send our LOR to them? thats what it seems like from the letter...
Not sure about that. You're not sent a secondary application until you're invited to interview. In theory, if you're not interviewed, there is no need to send your LORs. That's not going to happen to any of us though. :p

Kuba

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
NYC
Status
Attending Physician
HemaOncoDoc said:
Not sure about that. You're not sent a secondary application until you're invited to interview. In theory, if you're not interviewed, there is no need to send your LORs. That's not going to happen to any of us though. :p

I sure hope not... but my school sends out letters once to all the schools I apply to... so NYCOM has had my letters for almost a month :eek:

HemaOncoDoc

One Step At A Time
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
DRKUBA said:
I sure hope not... but my school sends out letters once to all the schools I apply to... so NYCOM has had my letters for almost a month :eek:
That should be fine. I'm just saying there's no pressing need for it.

BrownianMotion

Einstein's Simple Diffusion
10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2004
Planet Earth
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
HemaOncoDoc said:
That should be fine. I'm just saying there's no pressing need for it.
but the letter i got in the mail from them telling me they only send 2ndaries to interviewees kinda hints but doesnt directly say that we should still forward our LORs to them...

HemaOncoDoc

One Step At A Time
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
BILAL said:
but the letter i got in the mail from them telling me they only send 2ndaries to interviewees kinda hints but doesnt directly say that we should still forward our LORs to them...
Okay. I don't think it will hurt. Don't worry about it.

heyimnick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2006
Status
HemaOncoDoc said:
NYCOM, WVSOM, Touro-MI, Western
Add VCOM to the list.

NYCOM, WVSOM, Touro-MI, Western, VCOM. If anyone knows of any others, please add.

About the Ads